Tampa St Pete Clearwaater

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Default Tampa St Pete Clearwaater

I am planning a 3 day trip to the Tampa - St Pete area & would appreciate recommendations for hotel/resort stay and things to do like boat trips ?? Thx in advance for sharing.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

St. Pete has two excellent museums:

St.Pete Museum of Fine Arts - if you go the first full weekend of the month and show your Bank of America card you get in free ( $20)
Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg

Largest collection of Salvatore Dali art in the world; even if you are not a big fan it is amazing.
Salvador Dali Museum

Always visit The Hurricane Restaurant at the end of St. Pete Beach for beers. Rooftop view of the beach to Clearwater.
Historic Hurricane Seafood Restaurant in Pass-A-Grille, St Pete Beach

For some POSH cocktails visit the Don Cesar Hotel at sunset
View Stunning Don CeSar Hotel Photos - The Don CeSar

Last edited by SFSkol; 10-07-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: SUNSET
Old 10-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

We stay at the Bon-Aire in St Pete Beach, Take the Calypso Queen boat ride across from Clearwater Beach (Lunch Cruise) Parking at the dock, get ticket from cruise window. Crab claw season go to Frenchy's . Visit Dunedin a really nice little town. There is also Johns Pass with shops, restaurants, boat rides etc. Hundreds of places to go and see. Go to Trip Adviser and check things to do, see and eat. The Bon-Aire is right on the beach best deal around. Family owned over 50 yrs. Len & Mary Any questions PM me
Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Platinum member
Wink Mixed review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
We stay at the Bon-Aire in St Pete Beach, Take the Calypso Queen boat ride across from Clearwater Beach (Lunch Cruise) Parking at the dock, get ticket from cruise window. Crab claw season go to Frenchy's . Visit Dunedin a really nice little town. There is also Johns Pass with shops, restaurants, boat rides etc. Hundreds of places to go and see. Go to Trip Adviser and check things to do, see and eat. The Bon-Aire is right on the beach best dealOn around. Family owned over 50 yrs. Len & Mary Any questions PM me
Although I am a big believer in Tampa, I must confess that if I were looking for the most beautiful sunsets into the Gulf of Mexico, St. Pete Beach is the place to go.

On the other hand, the Ulele Restaurant in Tampa has won all kinds of awards for elegance in dining. Open Tables has scored it as among the Top 100 Best Restaurants in America. It is located along the Tampa Riverwalk, a nice place to visit in itself, in the restored historic Tampa Waterworks building. Ulele is a property of the famous Columbia Restaurant Group.

The restaurant is named for the nearby Ulele Springs, named after an Indian Princess said to have lived in Tampa in the 1700s.
For unusual sights, the sidewalk along Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa is claimed to be the longest unbroken sidewalk in the world, extending for over four and a half miles. Park on a side street and stroll along, or go to the pier in the park at the south end of the walkway and have a snack at the snack bar.

Tags
tampa, pete, things, stay, hotel/resort

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.