There Are Good Hotels

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2019, 01:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile There Are Good Hotels

My wife and I had a reservation at the Hampton Inn on Beach Blvd in Jacksonville Florida as my wife had appointments at Mayo Clinic. At the last appointment the Dr. decided on a different approach for her Cancer and as a result we did not have to stay overnight. It was long after the right to cancel but out of a concern for doing the right thing we called the hotel to tell them we could not use the room for that night and therefore it was open. We understood we would still have to pay for the room but in case someone was in need they could use that one. The hotel said it would forgive the late cancellation and they would not charge. What a wonderful consideration on their part and it shows there are good people out there.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

So nice to hear a story like this with a very nice ending. Cheers to doing the right thing Hampton Inn!
Old 04-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Sage

nice story! that should be a good suggestion for a hotel in Jacksonville for anyone reading this!! nice of you to post and show an attitude of gratitude!
Old 04-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

And good people like you to make the call and offer.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
So nice to hear a story like this with a very nice ending. Cheers to doing the right thing Hampton Inn!

Particularly since in the last year or so, even the IHG/Honors groups of hotels have went from the 'no cancellation fee' policy that used to apply up until 6:00PM on the day of arrival...is now usually a minimum of 24 hours (and sometimes 48) advance notice for cancellation.

I have found though, that if you call the hotel directly and talk to the desk clerk on duty, instead of the general '800' number, when cancelling in the less than the stated cancellation period...you have a much better chance of success.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
My wife and I had a reservation at the Hampton Inn on Beach Blvd in Jacksonville Florida as my wife had appointments at Mayo Clinic. At the last appointment the Dr. decided on a different approach for her Cancer and as a result we did not have to stay overnight. It was long after the right to cancel but out of a concern for doing the right thing we called the hotel to tell them we could not use the room for that night and therefore it was open. We understood we would still have to pay for the room but in case someone was in need they could use that one. The hotel said it would forgive the late cancellation and they would not charge. What a wonderful consideration on their part and it shows there are good people out there.
Best wishes possible for your wife!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

The wife and I always, when one is available, stay at Hampton Inn. Last month we were going to Tennessee and had reservations at Hampton Inn just outside of Atlanta. We checked in and brought our baggage to the room and something came up and we had to return to Florida. I spoke with the clerk, who turned out to be the manager, and explained our problem. She asked if we had disturbed anything in the room and I said no, we had just dropped our bags and got word we had to return home. She checked the room and cancelled our reservation and didn't charge us. We have always been treated well at Hampton Inn.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage

A year ago we were to head back to our home state for a reunion. We had flight reservations (along with a car rental) and a hotel reserved as well...then I got sick and hospitalized. My best half phoned each of these and we got a free vouchure on the flight (I think the car rental was cancelled w/out an issue) AND the hotel also cancelled w/out an issue. We were totally amazed with this. The flight was through Aliegient and they have a policy that if a natural disaster happens within 30 days of the reservation...in our case it was Irma....they will allow for a vouchure. That has to be used within a year's time however to be honored. We felt very fortunate!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
good, wife, hotel, room, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.