Old 06-09-2020, 05:17 AM
Veteran member

Wait a year.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
New York times today surveyed 511 epidemiologists regarding their plans for social engagement.
OK. I'll do it!

When 511 Epidemiologists Expect to Fly, Hug and Do 18 Other Everyday Activities Again - The New York Times
Old 06-09-2020, 05:34 AM
Default Happy to swap with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
You will be fine. In fact the airlines are going out of there way to encourage people to fly.

Another thing huge bargains. We would be in England now however what is preventing us from going is they still have restrictions.

For those who don't know as of yesterday anyone entering the UK has to complete an online form stating where they will sefl-quantine for 14 days.

This is a totally mad and ill thought out policy... because when you land at say Heathrow you get on a packed underground train, or a bus, or hire a taxi to take you to your end destination, for example the local supermarket to buy 14 days of food.... So between the airport and your quarantine destination you will have potentially infected thousands of people!!!!! The government says it will carry out spot checks (by phone) to check people are self quarantining... anyone found not to be self quarantinging will be fined.

This is one of the stupidist ill thought out policies in creation.

But at least the UK is welcoming anyone from anywhere. The US has a total lock down from Brits to go to US, so 600th Square, I'll swap places with you
Old 06-09-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
From what I have read getting one's hair cut and flying are the riskiest endeavors COVID-19wise.
Can I ask where you read that? From what I’ve read the riskiest behavior is close, prolonged contact (living or working closely) with someone who is symptomatic.

I haven’t read anything about spread on airplanes, even though I see the potential, nor about spread in hair salons. I have read an article about spread in restaurants, at family gatherings, and at a call center (work).
Old 06-09-2020, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
For those who don't know as of yesterday anyone entering the UK has to complete an online form stating where they will sefl-quantine for 14 days.

This is a totally mad and ill thought out policy... because when you land at say Heathrow you get on a packed underground train, or a bus, or hire a taxi to take you to your end destination, for example the local supermarket to buy 14 days of food.... So between the airport and your quarantine destination you will have potentially infected thousands of people!!!!! The government says it will carry out spot checks (by phone) to check people are self quarantining... anyone found not to be self quarantinging will be fined.

This is one of the stupidist ill thought out policies in creation.
But at least the UK is welcoming anyone from anywhere. The US has a total lock down from Brits to go to US, so 600th Square, I'll swap places with you
......but if you fly into Ireland first, then fly across to UK, you do not have to quarantine for 14 days!!
And we wonder why our death rate is probably going to finish higher than anywhere else in the world!
Old 06-09-2020, 06:26 AM

Last weekend..came down to the villages house hunting..delta fills the plane 1/2 way.super sanitized.n95 masks..don’t touch anything especially your face..hand sanitizer all the way ,and young living Essential oils thieves products. You can’t pick where you think you may contract it..
Old 06-09-2020, 06:36 AM

We are flying to Jamaica in July. No worries. Just take your hand sanitizer and wash hands for 20 sec. You will be OK
Old 06-09-2020, 06:58 AM

Epidemiologists and infectious disease experts said they’d wait a year for that themselves when polled. That was in the news yesterday. 3 months or so for weddings, funerals, dining out.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:03 AM

Saw recently they don’t feel a vaccine will “take” on us oldsters. Harvard Medicine is looking into that.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler9 View Post
We are flying to Jamaica in July. No worries. Just take your hand sanitizer and wash hands for 20 sec. You will be OK
What will the other passengers be doing
days a weeks before boarding ?

Then all in same cabin for hours breathing same cabin air

No thanks
Old 06-09-2020, 07:09 AM

My daughter flew here on Sunday from Michigan. I’ll be flying to Michigan in a couple weeks.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:10 AM

We have had the same policy here in Delaware and other states. When coming in from another state, you self-quar for 14. And you do not go to the store for food on the way. You’re to arrange for food to be brought to you. I guess in UK with that amount of exposure to others, it’s the best they can do, but at least it limits it to that one time until the 14 days are up.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Fly now ,,,some of us will dead by the time a vaccine is available
Old 06-09-2020, 07:29 AM

Just flew up to NJ for work. All passengers and crew are required to wear masks throughout the flight. Most wore them in the airport as well in Orlando, and was required in PHL where we flew into. They say they sanitize everything and HEPA filters run every three minutes, but we were proactive and brought our own wipes and sanitizer on board also. Most airlines at this point are not selling the center seat, although I flew Spirit and they did so my husband sat next to a very nice lady who wasn’t too happy about it either but it was ok. Spirits deplaning guidelines were to stay seated and leave row by row waiting until the one in front gets their belongings and starts to leave.
All in all it was an easy procedure, I felt safe, and would get on a plane tomorrow if needed. The added bonus was how empty the airports were!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:37 AM

I flew a week and a half ago. It was fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
part, driving, months, back, fly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.