When Will You Be Ready to Fly Again?

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2020, 07:50 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I would like to come back to TV for a visit late Summer/early Fall. I am a little hesitant to fly from Chicago to Orlando and back and driving is not realistic because of my vacation schedule. I also don't like long road trips driving solo.

Are you ready to board a flight yet? What about in 3 to 4 months from now?

Part of me says live your life and go to The Villages in a few months. Part of me says do a staycation this year.
If you fly, check what each airline is doing to protect you. There is no blanket set of guidelines they have to follow, so each one is doing their own thing. We will likely be flying in July to visit family and friends in Iowa, unless things take another turn for the worse. We will be going Delta, they seem to be taking good precautions, but we know there is no guarantee. Be safe!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
If you fly, check what each airline is doing to protect you. There is no blanket set of guidelines they have to follow, so each one is doing their own thing. We will likely be flying in July to visit family and friends in Iowa, unless things take another turn for the worse. We will be going Delta, they seem to be taking good precautions, but we know there is no guarantee. Be safe!
I grew up in Dubuque, Iowa. My dad still lives there...I was there 10 days ago for his 90th birthday. No mask wearing for my 90 year old dad unless he is going to the doctor where it is mandatory in all dr.'s offices that he goes to.

I heard that Delta seems to be taking the most precautions as compared to the other airlines. Enjoy your trip to Iowa.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:12 AM

Im ready to fly and cruise now. Just waiting for everything to start up. Wear a mask on the plane wash your hands frequently and don't touch your face. Now if you're old and sick, stay home. Most Villagers are healthy no matter what age and they're living their lives having fun.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
For those who don't know as of yesterday anyone entering the UK has to complete an online form stating where they will sefl-quantine for 14 days.

This is a totally mad and ill thought out policy... because when you land at say Heathrow you get on a packed underground train, or a bus, or hire a taxi to take you to your end destination, for example the local supermarket to buy 14 days of food.... So between the airport and your quarantine destination you will have potentially infected thousands of people!!!!! The government says it will carry out spot checks (by phone) to check people are self quarantining... anyone found not to be self quarantinging will be fined.

This is one of the stupidist ill thought out policies in creation.

But at least the UK is welcoming anyone from anywhere. The US has a total lock down from Brits to go to US, so 600th Square, I'll swap places with you
I spent a lovely week in England last May. I think of trying to do that now. What, get a hotel room for two weeks and stay in the room, eating room service? How could I possibly afford that? And only then step outside to see the country? It’s tough. But even without that, would I do it now? It’s a bit like I would feel stepping into a wading pool filled with snakes. Just a bit squeamish.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

I'm taking a flight tomorrow, it beats trying to drive close to 1300 miles and staying in a hotel. I will be wearing a mask and packing handsanitizer and wipes. My thought is if I were to contract the virus and pass away I have no regrets, I have got everything I've ever needed in life and it's been a good one, no regrets. We don't live forever and having a trust in a power greater than myself eases any fears.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:34 AM

I had to fly back to Florida from Michigan a month ago. Flew Allegiant. When I asked how they clean the plane so quickly on a quick turn around, the gate agents reply was, “We don’t!” We took our own wipes and cleaned our seat area. Wire masks, gloves and goggles. All was fine. Flew back last week. Allegiant now cleans their planes between guests. No one in my entire row or ahead of me. Airlines will have a tough go of it. Like anything else we do we need to take precautions but don’t stop living our lives.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Neighbors flew back and forth a few weeks ago with no problems.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:17 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
We don't live forever ...
Actually, I believe we do!
Old 06-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Whether you fly or not is your decision. Personally, I've been on 3 flights since this whole thing started. No problems. And we plan to cruise this December. Take proper precautions and get on with your life.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I spent a lovely week in England last May. I think of trying to do that now. What, get a hotel room for two weeks and stay in the room, eating room service? How could I possibly afford that? And only then step outside to see the country? It’s tough. But even without that, would I do it now? It’s a bit like I would feel stepping into a wading pool filled with snakes. Just a bit squeamish.
If you fly into Dublin or Shannon in Ireland, you can get a connecting flight, and enter UK without quarantine.
Anyone arriving from Ireland can enter UK without Quarantine.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
If you fly into Dublin or Shannon in Ireland, you can get a connecting flight, and enter UK without quarantine.
Anyone arriving from Ireland can enter UK without Quarantine.
Which just shows how stupid and ineffective the policy is.... It's a TOTAL AND UTTER SHAMBLES!!!!

But you may like this advice from today's Daily Mail
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6884.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	84507  
Old 06-09-2020, 01:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

500 epidemiologists who answered a big survey on how far they are willing to go. From the Tuesday, 9 June 2020 New York Times.
When 511 Epidemiologists Expect to Fly, Hug and Do 18 Other Everyday Activities Again - The New York Times
Old 06-09-2020, 01:14 PM
Exclamation Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I would like to come back to TV for a visit late Summer/early Fall. I am a little hesitant to fly from Chicago to Orlando and back and driving is not realistic because of my vacation schedule. I also don't like long road trips driving solo.

Are you ready to board a flight yet? What about in 3 to 4 months from now?

Part of me says live your life and go to The Villages in a few months. Part of me says do a staycation this year.

Above all DO NOT LET FEAR RULE YOUR LIFE. I SPENT A YEAR of my life in a malaria infested jungle. I followed the guidlines and took pills. Also, for a year i was dodhing bullets until a few found a home in my body. If i let fear take hold i would not be here. We have only ONE life do not live that life in fear.
Fear knows a point of diminishing returns, fear turns into ANGER, soon after anger fear turns from anger to RAGE and rage is uncontrolable.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsecord View Post
Just returned for San Juan visiting grand kids for 2 weeks. Tickets were $35 each way, couldn't resist. Had great time and zero problems. Only live once
Of course, the corollary is, you only die once. I'd rather wait much longer for the latter.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
covided.
Very clever. I haven't heard that one before. Going to use that myself. I was going to pull weeds or mow the grass but I got covided. I know you wanted me to go to the store. I would have but I got covided.
Closed Thread

Tags
part, driving, months, back, fly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.