Yankee Trails total disapontment

Yankee Trails total disapontment

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Gold member

They definitely have issues. Most of them are with customers that don't turn on their phones or give home phone numbers instead of cell numbers .

I don't have the answer either, that's why I pay for their service but if Idon't get what 8ve paid for, then I'm not a happy customer.

I'll keep you all update

Thank you.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I agree. We, too, have recently had an excellent experience with YT, but I think the OP has a valid complaint. She was only relating her experience and has a right to do so. I hope she has requested a refund for what sounds like unacceptable service. Don’t give up, OP. Please come back to let us know if YT makes things right.
If the Bus was taken in conjunction with a cruise booked with YT no refund will happen as the bus was FREE!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2019, 05:57 PM

See my post on Yankee Trails Bus posted today 1/24 /19 Our experience from Miami was Outstanding. Things can happen from cruise ships. Ours was 3 hrs late coming into port. It was supposed to arrive at 4 am but didn't get there until 7am. This made us late getting off by about 45 minutes and we were in such a hurry not to miss the bus that I picked up the wrong suitcase ( I need some excuse!) (see the full story in my post). Finally got our cell phone working ( after a few tries I needed to power down and on again) and called the driver. He was there waiting and said we don't leave passengers > that was a big relief because I was really concerned. Would I use them again (that drive and parking isn't fun and free is pretty good) - YES!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
I also need to clarify that we drove all over Ft Lauderdale cruiseport for over 2 hours. Back and forth from from ship to the next. Then all the traffic with people leaving the port and the new cruisers coming in.
Port Everglades is a nightmare for traffic, often with no direct route from one dock to another, and the buses have to wait for a slot to open up so will usually carry on to pick up from the next ship rather than just wait in line.

Add in passengers who refuse to leave the ship until they can see the bus, forgetting that there are lines to get through customs and immigration.

We have never had to wait long for YT from getting off the ship to getting out of the port, but every minute can be frustrating when you just want to get home.
The Answer
Old 01-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Platinum member

Talking The Answer

I believe the answer is that a passenger has 15 minutes for the bus to wait and then it leaves if they are not at the right spot..period. We have been held up a number of times by people who have no consideration and they should be warned of the consequences for being late. One time time in Rome on a tour van with about 14 passengers we had one couple that always was late returning and it was beyond annoying. Finally at one stop they came back 1/2 hour late and two guys on the van told them to get off. When they resisted they threatened them and they got off. all clapped. There has to be consequences for acts of disrespect for others and it should carry to all circumstances.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, called, work, lauderdale, fort