Exotic Bird Vet

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Default Exotic Bird Vet

Does anyone know a good exotic bird Veterinarian in the area? I have a hybrid scarlet macaw who I would like to take to a vet, but need to know how to find one. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Sage

Try UF Vet school and clinic, Gainesville. 1 hr drive.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Dancing Thyme

Try Dr. Valdez at Park Heights Vet Clinic in Fruitland Park. I "think' I once heard that he treats birds. Can't hurt to try. 352 326 9116.

I think Kitty is right but try Dr. Valdez because he's close. Good luck. (I love birds.)

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Try Dr. Valdez at Park Heights Vet Clinic in Fruitland Park. I "think' I once heard that he treats birds. Can't hurt to try. 352 326 9116.

I think Kitty is right but try Dr. Valdez because he's close. Good luck. (I love birds.)
Dr. Valdez is an avian vet. I cannot give an opinion on his expertise because I've only taken a rescued bird there, and it had been so severely injured it perished. There is also another vet whom an acquaintance of mine uses. Tina Merril, or something like that. (That's probably wrong.) I will ask the lady the next time I see her. She takes her Cockatiel there.

Also, there is a bird store at the Market of Marion, and the owner raises birds. He should know of a good avian vet in the area. He is there on Sat. & Sun. I can get the location (which row of the market) for you if you want.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Me again. We are taking our Cockatiel to the bird guy at Market of Marion on Saturday for clipping. I'll ask for a vet recommendation.

Tags
exotic, vet, bird, find, hybrid, veterinarian, good, area, macaw, scarlet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.