Acorn Squash - Where have you been all my life?

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
After you scoop out the seeds fill it with broccoli rabe (cooked), cover it in tin foil then throw it in the broiler.
I got all mixed up with the suggestions and after I wrapped it in aluminum foil I threw it in the microwave. I'm pretty sure I can put out the fire just as soon as I check out the post on the mo fo snakes in the mo fo repossessed plane.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimit56 View Post
I cut them in half clean out the seeds, spread butter on the inside and sprinkle brown sugar on the butter. Place in cut side up in microwave safe dish with sides and cover and cook for 10 minutes. Best ever!!!!
Sounds yummy! Will make some tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:02 AM

I top mine with chopped up walnuts and craisins.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:17 AM

For anyone who can't cut them open I've discovered that you can cook them whole. I place any squash in an oven safe dish add about two inches of water and bake at 350, for about half hour - forty mins, (depending on size of squash), turning once halfway through. You can tell when it's tender by touch or tapping with a spoon. I can then cut it open very easily and scoop out the seeds and then the pulp. Usually doesn't need anything but you can add butter or whatever.
Closed Thread

Tags
sweet, acorn, squash, syrup, sugar, brown, serve, butter, salt, pumpkin, maple, tastes, potato, water, life, cut, half, scoop, crock-pot, recipes, halves, seeds, stack, include

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.