BAKED ZITI AL FORNO from Sopranos Cookbook

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Sage
Default BAKED ZITI AL FORNO from Sopranos Cookbook

Last edited by senior citizen; 02-01-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Many many versions of baked ziti out there and truthfully, it's a hard dish to ruin.......but here's one from THE SOPRANOS COOKBOOK:

Good to make today on a snowy icy day........

The Sopranos -Ziti al Forno (Baked Ziti)
THE SOPRANOS – ZITI AL FORNO (BAKED ZITI)

P.S.
If you do not have home made sauce/gravy available, measure out the same amount of jarred sauce.........Francesco Rinaldi marinara sauce is good with no additives and the dish becomes vegetarian/meatless.

Again, many variations of baked ziti......I've made them all.

The easiest for novices is just to mix a container of ricotta with the jarred sauce in a large bowl.......and then mix in the cooked ziti before spreading in the baking casserole dish.
Layer with some mozarella and top with some mozarella.............................

Our vegetarian neice makes it this way; her little ones love it. Italian version of macaroni and cheese. She's Polish married to a Swede.

Great comfort food, no matter how one makes it........but for the fun of it, try the Soprano's version.......it is good. Some parents I know , who don't have the tiny meatballs handy, cut up snippets of pepperoni and it just adds a touch more flavor to the baked ziti....and the teens love it.

The Sopranos -Ziti al Forno (Baked Ziti)
PRINTABLE PAGE
Sounds delicious.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Default Baked Ziti Al Forno

Dang! I couldn't get the link to work. Got this message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@recipecircus.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.9 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at recipecircus.com Port 80
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage

• _

Last edited by senior citizen; 02-01-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.