Calling All Meat-Eating Cooks

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would use a Dutch Oven, in the oven at 300 degrees with about a cup of water and a package of dry Lipton Onion soup for five or six hours. Keep it covered, no peeking. Remove and allow to sit for an hour before uncovering and serving..

Put in pot raw, no browning. That meet is tough as shoe leather. If this doesn't make it tender, nothing will. I don't like wine in the marinade.
Would six hours be enough cooking time? We do 10 in our slow cooker but not sure how hot it actually gets.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My husband has some frozen London broil. He has grilled some of it, but it was too tough even when sliced thinly, so he froze the rest of it.

What can I make with it for him? He thought we could grind it up and he could make hamburgers, but I think they would not be good because not enough fat.

I'm thinking it needs to be braised, but not sure London broil lends itself to that.

Any suggestions? (Where is Tomwed when you need him?!)
Make a fake stroganoff or stew out of it. You will have to cook the dickens out of it. Best to use crockpot with onions/mushrooms, etc. Serve with egg noodles.
It still might be dry but you won't be wasting it. You can grind it up and make a hash with diced potatoes, onions, garlic. Again, not for company, but good enough
Closed Thread

Tags
broil, make, london, good, fat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.