Chicken Salad

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2020, 10:08 PM

Bless you!!!
Old 06-25-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
thank you. my upbringing and the values they gave me along with being a Boy Scout has prepared me for this

but again...thanks for sharing your story, very much appreciated
My post wasn’t meant to be negative or to make assumptions that your experiences will be the same as my parents. Many people were raised with the same values, but when they find themselves in the situation, their emotions overpower their coping mechanisms.

Dementia is unpredictable, and every different circumstance (which there are many) doesn’t have the same solution. Sometimes it takes a great deal of creativity or thinking fast or at any given moment.

My father felt strongly that he learned a lot from the book “36 Hour Day ”, and it became
a great reference that helped prepare him.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:13 PM

My quick go to for recipes, cooking advice and instructions is Pinterest. I vote for small dice but it is fun to search Pinterest and see what comes up in a search and pick or combine what options look good 😉😀
Old 06-29-2020, 03:21 PM

That's what I was thinking take a break and go to chicken salad chick.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooColdNJ View Post
My post wasn’t meant to be negative or to make assumptions that your experiences will be the same as my parents. Many people were raised with the same values, but when they find themselves in the situation, their emotions overpower their coping mechanisms.

Dementia is unpredictable, and every different circumstance (which there are many) doesn’t have the same solution. Sometimes it takes a great deal of creativity or thinking fast or at any given moment.

My father felt strongly that he learned a lot from the book “36 Hour Day ”, and it became
a great reference that helped prepare him.
Thank you...I'll check that book out...I'm always open to new ideas
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, left, sandwiches, chop, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.