Chicken wing recipe

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Sage
Default Chicken wing recipe

Kind of thinking of a snacky New Years day. Want some chicken wings but with no restaurants open, I may have to cook my own. Do you have a favorite recipe for chicken wings?? Thanks and Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Sage
Default Wings

If anyone knows of some place open that sells wings for New Years could you please share that too? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

About the easiest recipe you can find. Take the chicken wings and put them in a big bowl, pour in some olive oil and toss them around till coated. Next, sprinkle in some good jerk rub and toss the wings around until coated with rub. More rub if you like very spicy, and less if you like them less spicy. Pre-heat an oven to 375 degrees and put the wings on a rack on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil so the heat circulates around the wings. Make sure the wings don't touch each other so the heat circulates around them and cooks them evenly. Cook the wings for about 45 minutes until the skin is good and crisp and pull out and let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping and a few celery sticks. Yummy!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
About the easiest recipe you can find. Take the chicken wings and put them in a big bowl, pour in some olive oil and toss them around till coated. Next, sprinkle in some good jerk rub and toss the wings around until coated with rub. More rub if you like very spicy, and less if you like them less spicy. Pre-heat an oven to 375 degrees and put the wings on a rack on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil so the heat circulates around the wings. Make sure the wings don't touch each other so the heat circulates around them and cooks them evenly. Cook the wings for about 45 minutes until the skin is good and crisp and pull out and let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping and a few celery sticks. Yummy!
Sounds great and easy. My kind of recipe!
Old 12-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Publix has decent wings and they are open until 9 tonight. But I would call them first because they do sell out.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Publix has decent wings and they are open until 9 tonight. But I would call them first because they do sell out.
You are right as usual. Publix also has them in the freezer section. Try the honey barbecue.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:32 AM
Sage
Default Great suggestions

Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, recipe, wings, cook, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.