Cincinnati Chili is simmering on the stove and smells delish.

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Cincinnati Chili is simmering on the stove and smells delish.

I grew up with two kinds of chili, neither a Tex-Mex. Central Ohio Chili and Cincinnati Chili.

Here is the recipe or you can buy the spice packet at Publix. You must offer finely grated cheddar, Kidney beans and raw grated onion and oyster crackers with it ...and of course serve it over angel hair pasta. It is Greek and most of Columbus and Cincinnati was German when I grew up.

Cincinnati Chili Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com
Old 10-27-2020, 02:01 PM
Platinum member

i love chili and have never tried it with pasta another of my favorite foods. this recipe sounds good and will have to try it.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Interesting.

We make ours with either mashed potatoes or rice never thought abut using pasta.

Also use ground turkey and pour off excess fat.

Might make a few changes next time we make it.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:36 PM

Want the real thing. It's only a short 2 hr drive to Skyline Chili in Bradenton, FL.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Having grown up in New Mexico I love both green and red chile in just about anything. My former brother-in-law farms chile alongside the Rio Grande near a small town named Polvadera (Dustville in English). He sends me a care package every year but as I no longer eat chile regularly I find it way too hot so I mix it in with blander chiles such as the Big Jim grown around Hatch, NM. One thing about hot chile, it burns more going out than it does going in.

My mother moved from MD to NM and she developed her own version of chile stew using hamburger, kidney beans, onions, stewed tomatoes and diced green chiles, a dish I miss. The locals use Pinto beans as they grow there but she preferred red kidney beans.

This is a pretty good recipe. A Spicy New Mexico Green Chile Stew from MJ's Kitchen

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-27-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
chili, cincinnati, grated, grew, cheddar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.