try my Baked Stuffed Shrimp recipe

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Platinum member
Default try my Baked Stuffed Shrimp recipe

R's Baked Stuffed Shrimp. 1 1/2 lbs of raw clean and deveined, tail on Gulf shrimp. I give a quick rinse and dry with paper towels. Split each shrimp as you go w/a steak knife starting at the tail on the inside of the C shape to the end, careful not to cut all the way through. Stuffing ingredients-1 sleeve of RITZ crackers-crushed (just squeeze them in the wrapper over a bowl), 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, 1 can of good grade lump crabmeat, 1 and 1/2 sticks melted butter (you may substitute Promise or such), lemon juice from 1 fresh lemon (careful w/seeds), 1/8 cup sherry, 1/2 of a finely diced red pepper, 3 tablesspoons of grated yellow onion, 1 clove or 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic. 1 teaspoon italian parsley. OK now I melt the butter in a small frying pan, add onion, red pepper and garlic-saute until tender. Then add sherry, lemon juice, and crab. Finally add RITZ and bread crumbs and mix well. At this point I taste and add a bit more sherry and melted butter if too dry. (stuffing should be just moist enough to hold together, but not wet ). Take a tablespoon of stuffing and put atop sliced side of shrimp. I use a baking dish and place the shrimp along the outside with the tails upright against the inside edge of the pan. This helps to hold the shape. Bake at 350 degree preheated oven for approx. 15-20 minutes until stuffing is golden brown and shrimp are cooked through. Serve with lemon slice garnish and drawn butter. ENJOY!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: try my Baked Stuffed Shrimp recipe

It sounds scrumptious and I will make it for my family. Alas I am seriously allergic to shellfish, as in anaphylactic shock and exit stage right.

>
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: try my Baked Stuffed Shrimp recipe

Then you should not make it!!! DO NOT TOUCH THE SHRIMP! I REPEAT DO NOT TOUCH THE SHRIMP!! Have hubby and daughter do the stuffing and the cleanup. I know they won't mind!! :-*
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.