Vegetable soup. I love it. Do you?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Vegetable soup. I love it. Do you?

My very favorite soup is the cabbage beef available at TooJays only on Wednesday. You can run in and buy a container of it at the counter for about $8. It is generously meaty, full bodied and a little sweet, with tomato and cabbage predominating.

However my own vegetable soup has fallen short as of late, and I suspect that trying to make a little instead of a lot may be part of the reason. I also don't see soup bones in the meat department very often. Please tell us your go to vegetable soup recipe.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Sage

Publix has their beef bones (soup) in their freezer section. I had to have one of the workers show me as I'd looked and looked and couldn't find it.
I do love veggie soup!!!
Old 07-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Publix has their beef bones (soup) in their freezer section. I had to have one of the workers show me as I'd looked and looked and couldn't find it.
I do love veggie soup!!!
I have a plan. I will make vegetable soup and share it with your home when I find the bones. If you don't like it, please lie.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Sage

I use Better than Boullion beef flavoring. It gives it that rich beef flavor. Not like the cubes it's a paste. I also use the immersion blender in mine for about 30 seconds. Makes it thicker and tastier. I do this before I add the corn.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I use Better than Boullion beef flavoring. It gives it that rich beef flavor. Not like the cubes it's a paste. I also use the immersion blender in mine for about 30 seconds. Makes it thicker and tastier. I do this before I add the corn.
EXCELLENT TIP. I am going to use that for sure. Many Thanks.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:08 PM

I love veggie soup also and I will try the Better Than Boullion the next time I make it.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Sage

There are a lot of flavors of Better than Boullion. I use many of them. They have ham base for bean soup, chicken base for chicken soup (I add a little sugar), the beef for veggie beef soup, clam base for clam or shrimp chowder and several others. These are also great for flavoring sauces. I would not want to be without it.
Closed Thread

Tags
soup, vegetable, cabbage, lot, short

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.