Cost of Recycling Bags

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 07:16 AM

Have you heard of online shopping? Twice as many for half the price!
Old 03-10-2020, 07:40 AM

you just found your deal
Old 03-10-2020, 07:50 AM

Amazon boxes work as recycling containers. And I’m sure we all have them hanging around.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:52 AM

Our neighbor has a spray bottle of bleach/water that they spray inside and outside the trash bag and it keeps the birds and critters away. Also, keep chicken or rib bones in a little bag in the frig until trash day so there's less smell to attract animals.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:01 AM

Please use your head the world has to much plastic and its our job as humans and care takers of this planet to help mother earth. The recycle bags aren't the answer ]as they never get recycled .[/B] Get a few of the cloth bags for all your groceries and only use the plastic recycle bags when needed such as meat or if you are short a cloth bag. Why pay for bags over and over. Once you buy a few cloth bags your done.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:27 AM
theruizs

We order ours From Amazon. Also, we bought the blue tinted ones by mistake once, but they still took those. So that may be another option. Also, some plastics are recyclable, not sure about these clear bags though, good question.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:29 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post
Please use your head the world has to much plastic and its our job as humans and care takers of this planet to help mother earth. The recycle bags aren't the answer ]as they never get recycled .[/B] Get a few of the cloth bags for all your groceries and only use the plastic recycle bags when needed such as meat or if you are short a cloth bag. Why pay for bags over and over. Once you buy a few cloth bags your done.
For garbage?
Old 03-10-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Many don't recycle now just ride around on trash night see how many black bags are out as opposed to clear recycling bags
Old 03-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post
The discussion is NOT about grocery bags ......
Old 03-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Veteran member
Default recycle bins

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
According to the District Administration Office, recycling bins are not allowed in any part of The Villages, regardless of which County you live in.
Yes, and yet we STILL have them in Sumter County The Villages. The Wildwood Lions club put them in and the developer refuses to have them removed.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Veteran member
Default color you disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Can't help with the location and cost of clear bags, but something happened the other day that got me scratching my head. Tuesday is our trash pick up day and Wednesday is for yard waste. On Monday, I trimmed a tree and placed the branches and other yard debris out at the curb; separate from the house trash. Came home later on Tuesday and found all the yard waste gone. It wasn't the waste fairy who pilfered the debris but the normal trash folks, so says my neighbor.

My question is, does all yard waste go to the standard trash land fill? I thought the yard waste was processed separately/differently. Color me disappointed if the 2 land fills are one in the same.
Well color you disappointed then because you probably don't realize that many of the the bags for recycle go to the regular landfill. This money scam has been going on for years. We pay extra money to have the recycle process and recycle bags and it still goes to the landfill. But if it makes you "feel good" hey...
Old 03-12-2020, 07:33 AM

I live in Lake County (Orange Blossom) and contacted WM about obtaining a recycling bin. The representative told me they do not issue recycling bins to residents anymore. So I'm getting mixed signals here...do they still issue them or not?
Old 03-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
I live in Lake County (Orange Blossom) and contacted WM about obtaining a recycling bin. The representative told me they do not issue recycling bins to residents anymore. So I'm getting mixed signals here...do they still issue them or not?
You got your answer directly from the horse’s mouth !!!

So why would you want to return here and listen to more uniformed comments ???
Old 03-13-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
20 bags $2.62 at Walmart and Neighborhood Walmart. If you need larger than 30 gallon, they have 39 gallon as well.

The Villages Florida
As usual, John W, you gave me excellent advice. Walmart 20 bags for $2.62 and if I want to splash out I could buy 70 bags for $7 and change. They are clear plastic and big enough for a weeks worth of recycling. John, you are an asset to this chat line.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
bags, price, break, landfill, clear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.