Does everybody like white kitchen cabinets?

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We used to own a small apartment complex. When it was built, in 1970, all of the kitchens were identical, with medium wood finish cabinets. Over the years, as things needed to be replaced, one of the units wound up with white cabinets and white counter tops...and white appliances. Every time I had more than one unit to rent, including the "white" one, perspective tenants always preferred the white apartment. I would ask why they chose that unit and it was always because they liked the kitchen better...words like bright, cheerful and clean.

My favorite is a rich cream color with toffee glaze. I did that in my last house, with mexican tile counters/stone backsplash and stainless appliances. I was very happy with it and got lots of compliments. Planning to do about the same here.....eventually!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie24 View Post
It is a Benjamin Moore Product called Advantage which is excellent for kitchen cabinets. The color is Timid White.
Leenie, your kitchen looks great. You said you "had the cabinets sprayed". I wonder if you could tell us who did it for you.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Leenie, your kitchen looks great. You said you "had the cabinets sprayed". I wonder if you could tell us who did it for you.
Hi Barefoot, Yes, Steve's Onsite Services spray painted the cabinets. They are a wonderful couple and a pleasure to work with. Email: Stevesonsiteservices@live.com or look at the web page: stevesonsiteservices.com.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie24 View Post
Hi Barefoot, Yes, Steve's Onsite Services spray painted the cabinets.
Did they also do your backsplash?
Old 10-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Sage

Went to the website and the only cabinet painting the show is yours - should this concern me???
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Did they also do your backsplash?
Hi Barefoot,

We used William C. Parker (Billie) as did a few of our neighbors to do our backsplash and counter wall and were thrilled with his work. 352-347-0954
Old 10-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Went to the website and the only cabinet painting the show is yours - should this concern me???
I can only share my experience with Steve and Jamie. They were excellent and very professional. They did a fabulous job.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Gold member

That's exactly what we are doing! And yes, it really does have the "Wow!" Factor! ;-)
Old 10-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Sage

I love my white cabinets. Had cherry in my home up north and they were hard to clean and always looked dingy. I heard that white cabinets are now an upgrade.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-16-2013, 06:30 AM
Default White Cabinets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I love my white cabinets. Had cherry in my home up north and they were hard to clean and always looked dingy. I heard that white cabinets are now an upgrade.
I thought of the white cabinets but went with light maple instead with black granite and love the look but evaryone likes are different.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I just LOVE my white cabinets. Leaving my cherry cabinets up north and going light and bright in my new big kitchen. Can't wait to decorate in light and bright and leave all the dark, dark antique furniture behind. Don't want any of the antiques and dark woods either. They might be pretty, but some museum can have them as far as I'm concerned. New house and new bright everything. To each his own. That's why they have so many styles and choices.
Your kitchen looks beautiful! I also intend on choosing between the true white and the silk cabinets. Currently have knotty Alder with a cocoa glaze. beautiful too, but for Fla I felt the white was a fresh clean look!
Enjoy!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.