Fake food has to go!

Fake food has to go!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Our youth has been brainwashed to blindly accept things labeled by certain buzzwords such as echo, green, sustainable, enviro friendly, etc... And God forbid they avoid anything that "empowers" them, whatever that means? Just label something with the appropriate buzzword and it is like mosquitos flying straight into the bug zapper.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyS View Post
They say coconut oil is the best thing to go with kale, it makes it much easier to slide off the plate into the trash.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyS View Post
They say coconut oil is the best thing to go with kale, it makes it much easier to slide off the plate into the trash
So funny--thanks
The tale of the egg
Old 06-11-2019, 09:20 AM

Default The tale of the egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I remember Tang. Diet sodas which are extremely bad for people for numerous reasons I avoid like the plague. Cheap fake sugar sweetener made from corn is difficult to avoid but I try. My mother served oleo (gag!); I stick with real butter.

Fake meat is not for me. These kids are propagandized in school by radicals from outfits like PETA the schools let in to not eat real meat.
It has changed soooo many times, I'm not sure if they are good for you THIS WEEK or not.

As to mom and oleo. My mother and her buddies all read Dr. ????Spock and they used to put eggs into everything. I remember RAW eggs put into chocolate milk run through the Waring Blender.

I am certain that worrying about this stuff raises your cholesterol. Surely, after we are buried they will study us and wonder can you believe they thought salami was bad for you and they all came from a mother?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Some generations grew up on Twinkies, Oreo's, Easy Cheese, Spaghetti-Os, Pop Tarts and Bacon Bits.

Oh, that was us.

Last edited by dewilson58; 06-11-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Advertising
Old 06-11-2019, 09:32 AM

Default Advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Our youth has been brainwashed to blindly accept things labeled by certain buzzwords such as echo, green, sustainable, enviro friendly, etc... And God forbid they avoid anything that "empowers" them, whatever that means? Just label something with the appropriate buzzword and it is like mosquitos flying straight into the bug zapper.
Put enough ad dollars into it and you can sell anything.
Case in point-the bug zapper. If, you ever had one they do not catch mosquitoes which are not attracted to light. Most of what you catch are moths.

Brainwashed it perhaps the proper term. People have a instinct to belong to the in crowd. History shows this over and over and over again. A recent demonstration a master at it was Hitler.
The Hitler youth. It is far easier to control the young. Just the tool of propaganda and the wanting to belong to the in crowd and Hitler had children turning on their parents.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I remember Tang. Diet sodas which are extremely bad for people for numerous reasons I avoid like the plague. Cheap fake sugar sweetener made from corn is difficult to avoid but I try. My mother served oleo (gag!); I stick with real butter.

Fake meat is not for me. These kids are propagandized in school by radicals from outfits like PETA the schools let in to not eat real meat.
I think PETA is an acronym for "people eating tasty animals"
Old 06-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

OP, plant based foods and burgers are likely what your grandkids are talking about. There are several veggie type burgers at the grocery and some have found there way into restaurants. Burger King has a plant based burger in some of their restaurants and I have seen in the last couple of months “impossible meat” offered in a couple of Mexican grill restaurants. There has been research that claim you can reverse some heart related issues (closed arteries) by eating a plant based diet. Doctor Dean Ornish and his associates have been conducting this research for several years and proven plant based foods and a lifestyle with 30 minute a day exercise can make a difference with cardiac patients. Dr.deanornish.com
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Gold member

Yes, along with proteins derived from insects. Apparently fed to astronauts too. I have a neighbor that researches and produces this type of protein. We were just used to chocolate covered ants previously.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Platinum member

Why are some of you so angry? I can guarantee that no school had a PETA assembly to brainwash your grandchildren. Some people find foods enjoyable which others dislike. Bush hated broccoli. Whether a plant based diet is better for your health is debatable.

But there is nothing wrong with being aware of how your food choices may impact your health and the planet's health. There is no debate that the amount of water required to produce equivalent animal vs plant protein is huge. As well as differences in waste, fertilizers, pollutants both air and water, and greenhouse gases.

Science has become a dirty word in some communities. Funny how those same anti-science people all want the latest cancer treatment if they or a loved one needs oncologic care. And the best internet and cell phone. All brought to you by science.
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity
Closed Thread

Tags
eat, grandkids, real, fake, junk