Favorite Summer Recipes (Ribs are mine)

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Sage
Default Favorite Summer Recipes (Ribs are mine)

Haven't heard much from the Village Kitchen for a while so I thought I'd throw something out there. What are your favorite summer recipes or techniques you use in the summer months? I know I don't like heating the house up with the oven in these temperatures so I use my crock pot. The only thing is I did that yesterday and it still heated up the house and because it was on all day. So tomorrow I'm making crock pot ribs. I plan to put the crock pot in the garage to cook the ribs. That way the house will stay nice and cool. Here's my crock pot rib recipe.

3 small racks of baby back ribs
pork rub
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce

Pull off silver skin on back of ribs. Cut them on serving sizes (about 3 ribs for each piece. Rub them all over with pork rub. The more rub you use the spicier they are. I use "Butt Rub". You can buy this in the seasonings aisle at Publix. Dip each piece in barbeque sauce to cover. Put pieces in crock pot. Add 1/2 cup water to bottom of crock pot. Put on lid and cook on low all day until fork tender adding a little water here or there if needed. Remove ribs from crock pot and brush with more barbeque sauce.

Serve with boiled redskin potatoes that are smashed with a potato masher with lots of butter, salt. Serve with corn on the cob.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We use the grill a lot for the same reason. Do lots of vegetables. Summer squash, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, onions, and any others you like. Slice or cut up into bite size pieces in a bowl. Add a table spoon of EVOO, spice, (we like the Greek seasoning available at Fresh Market), use a piece of non stick foil and fold up the edges, place on the grill and cook until all are fork tender.

Add your favorite meat and you have a complete meal.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
We use the grill a lot for the same reason. Do lots of vegetables. Summer squash, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, onions, and any others you like. Slice or cut up into bite size pieces in a bowl. Add a table spoon of EVOO, spice, (we like the Greek seasoning available at Fresh Market), use a piece of non stick foil and fold up the edges, place on the grill and cook until all are fork tender.

Add your favorite meat and you have a complete meal.
Good idea. I love veggies done on the grill. Normally we use a grill pan for it on the grill. I toss in olive oil and salt and pepper. One thing I add to mine which are a little different are cans of small potatoes. They are already cooked potatoes excellent with grill marks on them. I'll have to check out the greek seasoning you mentioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
crock, pot, ribs, rub, barbeque

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.