Fish Tacos

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Fish Tacos

I have some Cod defrosted that I bought fresh and I am thinking to make fish tacos tonight.

Anyone want to share their favorite recipe? Do you broil the fish?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

For eight fish taco's. Use about a pound of fish, chopped into small pieces. Toss the fish pieces with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper. I fry mine in a cast iron skillet that is very hot. This gives the fish a nice crisp sear. Use some lettuce, chopped tomato, cilantro, and a sauce made from thousand island dressing, lemon juice and some cayanne pepper to your taste. You can also add shredded cabbage, lemon zest, garlic salt, cheddar cheese, or what ever else you like on Taco's.

If you have soft taco's, a nice touch is to put in a hot skillet with a small amount of oil and brown on both sides. When you flip them, sprinkle a small amount of Parmesan cheese on them and let melt. Serve warm.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,763 Posts

Gracie, I enjoy fish tacos at both Baja Fresh and Wahoo's frequently. Check them out at bajafresh.com and wahoos.com. They use several varieties of fish prepared in various ways. My favorite way is on a charcoal grill. Wahoo's and Baja Fresh use thinly shredded cabbage in lieu of lettuce. They each make their own salsa with diced fresh tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Although they do not reveal their preparation steps their menus list ingredients and show photos of the tacos. I recommend small corn tortillas, warmed but still soft, for fish tacos. Enjoy!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.