Flyover Food

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
and that is why my other half hates dining al fresco!
Oh my goodness, tell him to put some clothes on. [maybe i got that backwards]
Old 05-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Oh my goodness, tell him to put some clothes on. [maybe i got that backwards]
Yeah, you're still thinking of gardening.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep, played all 27 holes...many times.

And the view from the UNM Championship course, looking down on the city...is hard to beat.

Twin Warriors also has fantastic views and a great course, albeit a bit more expensive...given that it's connected to the Hyatt-Regency (as is the less expensive Santa Ana).

Then there's Sandia, which has great views and being on the slopes of the Sandia's (plus the altitude)...allows for some really long drives.

Even Isleta is nice.

Halfway to Santa Fe on I-25, and a bit off the beaten trail, is another awesome value course...Cochiti Golf Club.

But the all-time best value I've EVER played...is Arroyo Del Oso (one of 3 city courses). When I first started playing it 15 years ago, it was $18 to walk and the greens were as nice & fast...as ANY resort/private course.

And then when you get up to the Santa Fe area, which is only an hour from Abq., there are some nationally ranked courses also.

All in all, "The Land of Entrapment" ( the local name by some)...is a hidden jewel for golfers.
Wow! You do know that turf very well. At one time I lived on the street on the east side of the Arroyo Del Oso course.

BTW I hope you enjoyed the chile however it was prepared and sopaipillas in Old Town.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Wow! You do know that turf very well. At one time I lived on the street on the easy side of the Arroyo Del Oso course.
Very

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
BTW I hope you enjoyed the chile and sopaipillas.
Red or green?

The absolute best tamales I've ever had, were made by the lady who was burned by the coffee...in the infamous McDonald's incident.

She was my buddy's, children's...Godmother.

As for the McDonald's incident, I will just say that it isn't anything like it was portrayed and my buddy actually told me the real story one day while playing together...which we did about 3-4 times a week.

I was, like most, critical of the lawsuit from just what I had read and then I started researching on my own...because of what Frenchy had told me.

The fact that he was the retired Deputy Chief of the State Police...pretty much speaks to his integrity and truthfulness.

Anyway, I love Abq. in particular...and New Mexico in general.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-06-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
grown, locally, flyover, enjoyed, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.