Food likes, dislikes, and anomalies

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
So, if you are invited to dinner at someone's house, how do you let the host know about foods you can't "stomach?"
I never do this. Think it's rude. If there is something I'm allergic to (cinnamon, black pepper) I just don't eat it. Otherwise, I eat what's put if front of me by someone gracious enough to invite me for dinner.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 12-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
  • cold stone creamery coffee ice cream with heath bar crumbles
  • cold stone creamery waffle cones dipped in chocolate ganache, with sprinkles.
  • hot buttered lobster rolls
  • white clam pizza from the Modern in New Haven, CT
  • broccoli
  • field greens (aka mesclun aka "weed salad")
  • creme brulee

Dislikes:
  • artichokes
  • eggplants
  • meat-based stuffings
  • tofu
  • "meat analogues" no matter what they're made of. If they're pretending to be meat, I won't eat them. If I want meat I'll eat meat.
  • hazelnut coffee (smell nauseates me)
  • most wines (when I say I like sweet, I mean Manischewitz concord grape)
  • caviar
  • escargot (though I like the sauce)

anomalies:
I love brownie batter but I'm not very fond of cooked brownies.
I enjoy a pinch of raw ground chuck while making my meatballs every week. I grew up getting a pinch or two as a "treat" when mom made meatloaf.
I like some chopped liver, and it's the only time I will ever be able to stomach even the "idea" of consuming hard boiled egg, is when it's one of the ingredients. The smell of sulphur makes me ill so I leave the house when husband is making egg salad for himself.
LOL. Interesting list.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 12-03-2018, 12:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
... I eat what's put if front of me by someone gracious enough to invite me for dinner.
Me too. If I die, I die.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Have never had seafood I did not like. Also love seaweed salad if made without sugar. I will not eat anything with added sugar, but love things with natural sugar like fruit. I will not eat anything made with white flour. Love all vegetables that are not high carb root vegetables. I do not eat desserts and rarely eat processed meats or fried food. My two weaknesses are beer and potato chips.
We would definitely not be happy during mealtime at each other's houses! I am whatever the opposite is of a seafood person.

Do you not enjoy the taste of sweets and fried food, or is it a dietary preference? I wish I wasn't drawn to sugar so much. That's probably partially genetic, too.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, pie, lobster, apple, nuh

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.