Which Frozen Dinner would you recommend?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Willow Tree Chicken Pie is awesome...no veggies in it just chicken...I serve it with potato and a side of veggies...the crust is delicious.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Willow Tree Chicken Pie is awesome...no veggies in it just chicken...I serve it with potato and a side of veggies...the crust is delicious.
I absolutely love Chicken Pot Pie and used to make my own before I got lazy ............ I looked up Willow Tree and found it is a Massachusetts company - yeah I'm from Mass, so all is good, then I found it is sold at Publix - even more good.

Thanks for the info. Gosh I am so hungry now ..............

Another rainy day, but some great helpful information on frozen foods .......... thanks guys!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
We like several of the Stauffers frozen lasagna, we buy the family size and cut in half, cooks in 30 minutes in the microwave. Several of the other stauffer meals are also good for a quick meal.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I found the chicken pot pie I could not remember.

Mrs. Budd's all white meat chicken pot pie. It's been awhile but I bought it at Winn Dixie.

[i can't find it locally anywhere.]
Iread somewhere that frozen chicken pot pies are loaded with calories.

I love almost all of Stouffer's Lean Cuisines.

If you serve frozen dinners to company, buy three or four and let them help themselves to small portions of each.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I've got a table saw you could borrow
Too funny, never thought to use the band saw.....Thanks I needed a good laugh.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Iread somewhere that frozen chicken pot pies are loaded with calories.

I love almost all of Stouffer's Lean Cuisines.

If you serve frozen dinners to company, buy three or four and let them help themselves to small portions of each.
It's too bad you can't buy Mrs Budd's. Her's were never frozen at the store. It's comfort food so you know it's loaded with calories. The chicken tastes like chicken. They have a broccoli chicken pot pie too.

When I don't feel like cooking I boil up meat ravioli and add tomato sauce---what ever is on hand. [portabella mushrooms too]
Old 06-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Ben and Jerry's - washed down with that Margarita! Don't forget the umbrella garnish! lol
Old 06-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage

We don't eat many frozen meals as I like to cook. Sometimes I just don't feel like it and we have Marie Callendar's chicken pot pie. Do not cook in the microwave as all of the gravy absorbs and it isn't nearly as good. Takes about an hour in the regular oven. It's quite goood. We used to buy the Stouffer's lasagna but have become hooked on Olive Garden carryout dinners. They give you a huge salad with each dinner. It quite wonderful. They do a lot of carry out food and you can order it on line.

Another good one is Bob Evan's carry out turkey dinner. I also sometimes make a main dish and buy Bob Evan's Original mashed potatoes. They are as good as homemade. I open a bag of frozen Freshlike veggies and dinner is served.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
We don't eat many frozen meals as I like to cook. Sometimes I just don't feel like it and we have Marie Callendar's chicken pot pie. Do not cook in the microwave as all of the gravy absorbs and it isn't nearly as good. Takes about an hour in the regular oven. It's quite goood. We used to buy the Stouffer's lasagna but have become hooked on Olive Garden carryout dinners. They give you a huge salad with each dinner. It quite wonderful. They do a lot of carry out food and you can order it on line.

Another good one is Bob Evan's carry out turkey dinner. I also sometimes make a main dish and buy Bob Evan's Original mashed potatoes. They are as good as homemade. I open a bag of frozen Freshlike veggies and dinner is served.
Great idea on the carry out meals, thanks. I do Koyame meals and their hot and sour soup sometimes for lunch if I am that way, but I did not think of take out for supper.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:

Mrs. Budd's all white meat chicken pot pie. It's been awhile but I bought it at Winn Dixie.

Tom, this link Where to Buy — Mrs. Budd's Chicken Pies says their products are in WalMart stores!

Old 06-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Sage

Lean Cuisine Sesame Stir Fry with Chicken
Old 06-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I absolutely love Chicken Pot Pie and used to make my own before I got lazy ............ I looked up Willow Tree and found it is a Massachusetts company - yeah I'm from Mass, so all is good, then I found it is sold at Publix - even more good.

Thanks for the info. Gosh I am so hungry now ..............

Another rainy day, but some great helpful information on frozen foods .......... thanks guys!
Try Marie Callender's pot pies (chicken & turkey)...they're delicious!

Publix carries them (10 & 16 OZ) and they even get a nice crispy crust...when nuked per instructions.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In my earlier post I mentioned the Hormel Roast, which is not frozen but refrigerated. In the frozen section I discovered these when the new Walmart neighborhood store opened. I love stir-fry with rice and beef and for only $2.50 at Walmart, $3.25 at Publix, these can't be beat. Heat 4 minutes in the microwave, peel back and stir, heat 2 minutes. It's delicious and I've eaten about 25 of these. I probably shouldn't tell anyone since a couple of times Walmart was out. I have two in the frig right now, I think I going to eat one.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-06-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Try Marie Callender's pot pies (chicken & turkey)...they're delicious!

Publix carries them (10 & 16 OZ) and they even get a nice crispy crust...when nuked per instructions.
They taste way better when you bake them in the oven. Have tried both ways and the gravy gets dried up when you nuke it.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Platinum member

The Villages Florida...

Tags
frozen, dinner, angelos, good, parm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.