Which Frozen Dinner would you recommend?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
They taste way better when you bake them in the oven. Have tried both ways and the gravy gets dried up when you nuke it.
I saw your post on that, but when I'm going frozen I'm usually in a hurry (I'm one of those that get 'hangry' when I wait too long to eat) and the fact that I think they still taste pretty darned good even nuked...I like only waiting for 10 minutes for even the 16oz size.

BUT, I'll give the oven a shot one of these days...to see if maybe I need to 'plan' my time a little better.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 PM

Check out the ingredients labels . Some of the Marie Callender’s frozen meal have very high sodium levels.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I saw your post on that, but when I'm going frozen I'm usually in a hurry (I'm one of those that get 'hangry' when I wait too long to eat) and the fact that I think they still taste pretty darned good even nuked...I like only waiting for 10 minutes for even the 16oz size.

BUT, I'll give the oven a shot one of these days...to see if maybe I need to 'plan' my time a little better.
Yes I agree you have to plan a little ahead of time but for me well worth it.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We like Stouffer's Grandma's Chicken Rice bake, Vegetarian Lasagna and love the side, "Harvest Apples". I always bake in conventional oven.

Here's a link to many of their casseroles;

Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake | Classics Frozen Meals | Stouffer's
That's a nice site, and I learned something new--they are pretty good from a calorie to fat to sugar ratio. I ran them through the WW calculator (SmartPoints, not Freestyle), and they are 8, 10, & 11 points. Curiously, the selections with pasta were the lowest. Not bad for a main course.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage

We love Amy's frozen cheese enchiladas. They come with just the enchiladas in a box or with rice and beans. We usually have homemade guacamole on hand to supplement.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Sage

Another option would be to buy a ready cooked oven roasted chicken at Sam's for $5 and buy a couple of sides.

Just warm the sides in the microwave.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Another option would be to buy a ready cooked oven roasted chicken at Sam's for $5 and buy a couple of sides.

Just warm the sides in the microwave.
You are so right, their cooked chicken for $4.99 is the best value, we get two meals and two sandwiches out of one chicken.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, dinner, angelos, good, parm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.