Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   A good blender?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/good-blender-55695/)

Cedwards38 06-27-2012 09:23 PM

I'm a fan of the Kitchen Aide B560. This thing could blend rocks and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, ..................just a leg. I bought a refurbished one for around 60 bucks and it does the job.

gustavo 06-27-2012 10:45 PM

I have a nutribullet and love it. It is a workhorse and nothing like the magic bullet. Pulverizes every and anything. Regardless of ingredients you need some liquid to get the process going.

hulababy 07-03-2012 02:09 PM

I always wondered about the VitaMix and see you ladies like it. It may be worth it even though expensive. I did see two different type Ninja's in Walmart other day and was wondering if they were good. When I make smoothies I usually do add some apple juice, yogurt, so there is liquid but also lots of frozen fruit and it just doesn't make it without lumps. Where do you find the VitaMix? And which Ninja did you purchase? the more expensive one? thanks

Sable99 07-03-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulababy (Post 515921)
I always wondered about the VitaMix and see you ladies like it. It may be worth it even though expensive. I did see two different type Ninja's in Walmart other day and was wondering if they were good. When I make smoothies I usually do add some apple juice, yogurt, so there is liquid but also lots of frozen fruit and it just doesn't make it without lumps. Where do you find the VitaMix? And which Ninja did you purchase? the more expensive one? thanks

I am hard on blenders as I put frozen fruit and ice in them all the time! I usually have two protein shakes a day with both frozen bananas and frozen strawberries. I have had both the Magic Bullet and the Ninja and didn't like them. But, that has been a few years ago and they may have improved.

As I said before, I love my Vitamix. I got mine on QVC when it was a Today's Special Value! I admit they are pricey. QVC usually gives you extras with big purchases plus easy pay. Luckily, I split my cost with Mom!

asianthree 07-03-2012 04:39 PM

like my vitamix but i can buy alot of ninjas for that price everyday is ninja, vitamix comes out for somethings

duffysmom 07-03-2012 06:30 PM

Love my vita mixer. I'm not a big veggie person so I blend raw kale, broccoli, carrot, fruit (blueberries, apple) a tomato and 1/2 frozen bannana and YUM.
Sounds awful but it's actually sweet. Sometimes I add a couple Tbs of greek yougurt. It makes me feel healthy.:p

Sable99 07-03-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 516061)
Love my vita mixer. I'm not a big veggie person so I blend raw kale, broccoli, carrot, fruit (blueberries, apple) a tomato and 1/2 frozen bannana and YUM.
Sounds awful but it's actually sweet. Sometimes I add a couple Tbs of greek yougurt. It makes me feel healthy.:p

Yum, is right. I'm not a big veggie eater either and I will have to try it!!

Pturner 07-03-2012 07:21 PM

Vitamix and Blendtec are the best "top of the line" blenders for frozen smoothies. Either will handle frozen fruit, whole fruits, nuts and greens if you decide to add them, with ease.

I considered both and purchased the Blendtec, which I love. www.blendtec.com. My main reason for choosing that one is that it will fit under a kitchen counter, whereas the Vitamix will not. The Blendtec has more horsepower and a blade design that does not require a tamper. It works fabulously.

Here is a good link comparing the two: The Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec | Incredible Smoothies

If you're a smoothie junkie like me, and feel you can justify the cost, you will definitely not go wrong with either of these blenders.

wendyquat 07-03-2012 10:35 PM

Love my Ninja!

Lynnelf 07-04-2012 02:47 PM

I know exactly what you're saying about blenders! I finally found one I really like. It is the Ninja blender. I got mine at Target. The motor is actually a hand held device that you put on the top of your pitcher and it blends from the top. It has a pitcher and a smaller container for chopping and they each have a lid so that you can put them directly into the refrigerator for storage. Cleans up easily! It was about $50. I hear that they have a larger and more expensive version of the Ninja also. I make smoothies with mine every night for a snack.

ladydoc 07-04-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leenie24 (Post 512628)
I have used a number of blenders and the only one I swear by is Vitamixer. This blender is a mutlitasker. I make smoothees every day and I use frozen fruit, ice, raw vegetables, etc. It is expensive, however, to me it is worth it.

I also have a Ninja, which also works well and is less expensive.

I also have both and both do an excellent job. The main difference is price. The vitamix was $500 in 1985 (still works perfectly) and the ninja kitchen system (the one with both canisters) was about $125, I think ( I have all the attachments). We have made excellent pizza dough in the ninja as well as cookie batter. Another difference is that the vitamix can make hot soup while the ninja can not.

ladydoc 07-04-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uujudy (Post 512652)
Here's another vote for the Ninja. I bought mine from LadyDoc, who posted it for sale right here on TOTV, and it works great! It makes great smoothies & it also crushes ice for frozen beverages. It's the best blender I ever owned. Thanks, LadyDoc! :thumbup:

you are most welcome!!!

jdsl1998 07-04-2012 07:01 PM

I LOVE my Ninja. Several friends and family have bought one after using ours. If something happened to it today, I'd buy another one tomorrow.

sunglow 07-17-2012 07:01 AM

Blender

The Vitamix is the best. I've had mine for 25 years and it's still working great. It's the machine Starbucks uses. They are expensive but definitely worth it. You can make soup, salsas, peanut butter and of course, smoothies.

missypie 07-17-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 516090)
Vitamix and Blendtec are the best "top of the line" blenders for frozen smoothies. Either will handle frozen fruit, whole fruits, nuts and greens if you decide to add them, with ease.

I considered both and purchased the Blendtec, which I love. www.blendtec.com. My main reason for choosing that one is that it will fit under a kitchen counter, whereas the Vitamix will not. The Blendtec has more horsepower and a blade design that does not require a tamper. It works fabulously.

Here is a good link comparing the two: The Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec | Incredible Smoothies

If you're a smoothie junkie like me, and feel you can justify the cost, you will definitely not go wrong with either of these blenders.

We own a business and only use Blendtec. The price is up there, but once you have a Blendtec, you'll never go back. We add fresh fruit, ice, alittle milk, or smoothie mix. It grinds away and viola! The best smoothie ever!