Instant Pot Recipe and Movie Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
I think the movie you are looking for is Coda
That's it, thank you. Now all I have to do is write it down and find it again!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
That does sound good Madelaine, You could put peppers and onions on grass clippings with the right roll and it would taste good. Well maybe not grass clippings.
Have you got a good movie to recommend? I have found all these old classic movies on Youtube. I look them up on Rotten Tomatoes for the winners like Stagecoach and Rear Window.
I really liked The Monuments Men. Also in a similar vein, Woman In Gold. I don't like violent movies or scary movies. I also liked Spotlight. And The Big Short.

Last night for dinner I made a savory Dutch Baby pancake in a 10-inch cast iron pan. It had herbs and parm cheese sprinkled on the batter and blew up like a balloon upon baking. Then is topped with torn burrata cheese and prociutto, and arugula with lemon juice. Oven was 450, but it only took 20 minutes. Also, my cast-iron pan is only 9 inches, but worked fine. Also, I only had shredded moz and some thin sliced ham. I now have all the real ingredients, as we want to make it again. Only takes 4 eggs.

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sav...er-dutch-baby/
Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 PM

We have adored EVERY recipe we have found on Salt and Pepper You Tube site.

instant pot recipes by salt and pepper - YouTube
Old 03-23-2020, 07:24 AM

Wash and quarter potatoes (with skin intact), place in bowl, lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and thyme, garlic salt and pepper, place in pot, add cup of water, seven minutes.

Don't have fresh rosemary and thyme? Now's the "thyme" to plant some, away from the afternoon sun, keep watered, stand back they grow so fast.

Also, fill insta-pot full, potatoes are great for lunch, heat in microwave.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage

Sweet Potatoes are great to cook in the instant pot. I have cooked them in 1 inch slices, cut long ways and whole. https://instantpot.com/wp-content/up...es-English.pdf

Most recently I've been cooking dried pasta [little shells and casarecce shape] in the instant pot. Saute some veggies and meat, put aside add the pasta and barely cover the pasta with water. cook 4 minutes drain a s needed. I'll look for the movies mentioned above.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

I just discovered that Xfinity is giving free channels until April 19 Showtime is among them. if you have a voice remote, just say "free"
Old 03-25-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage

I have Amazon Prime. While looking for a movie mentioned above I found a series that I'm enjoying entitled The New World--The Man in the High Castle. It's very engaging.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Grand Piano (2013)
Grand Piano (2013) A pianist with stage fright endures a performance under the eyes of a mysterious sniper, who will shoot and kill him if a wrong note is played

Is that it?
That was my piano teacher in elementary school.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That was my piano teacher in elementary school.
That's pretty funny.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:17 PM
Sage

I bought a spiral cut ham weet and made black bean soup. I put a can of black beans and 3/4 of a bean can of home made chicken stock in the blender, poured it into the instantpot with ham chunks, 2 T jalapenos and pressure cooked for 2 minutes. I mixed in 1/2 c of raw onions before serving.
Still watching The Man in the High Castle and I found a corny series on Prime called The Annoying Onion. It's muppets kind of humor which is a nice break from the news. I doubt if I'll find anyone else who likes the show too.
Closed Thread

Tags
pot, instant, pick, time, steel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.