Instant Pot Recipe and Movie Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage
Default Instant Pot Recipe and Movie Discussion

I thought I would share with you my Instant Pot Recipes. Sometime I find them and sometimes I make them up. If you don't have an Instant Pot buy one. It sames time and money. And all you need to clean is one stainless steel pot. Do your own research.

I had some bananas that were getting over ripe. I cooked them in high pressure with steel cut oatmeal, ground flax seed, cinnamon for 4 minutes. 1 to 3 ratio of oats to water
It's delicious and good for you too.

I subscribe to Netflix. Now would be a good time to join. It's cheap. I am asking for someone to pick out a Netflix movie and discuss it tomorrow. I'll watch anything and I like talking about movies. So somebody, pick one out. I'm off to golf and I'll check in later to see if there is any interest in this thread.

And to all my old TOTV friends from years ago I hope you are doing well.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Sage
Default How about watching "Drive"

[The Movie] Drive may not be for everyone, and it’s certainly not the movie you think it is, but boy what a gorgeous and transfixing twist on a “thriller.” Ryan Gosling stars as a Hollywood stunt driver who moonlights as a getaway driver, but whose life gets complicated when he strikes up a relationship with his neighbor, played by Carey Mulligan. The film tackles issues of violence and masculinity, all while wrapped up in a semi-sweet romance story. It’s kind of like an uber-violent John Hughes movie in a way—surprising, hypnotic, and incredibly cool. – Adam Chitwood
Old 03-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,614 Times in 5,196 Posts

One of my favorate Netflix original movies is Polar. Very violent, but it is a good movie. Somewhat like Pulp Fiction.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage

Pulp fiction is tops. I'll have to watch Polar. thanks

Last edited by tomwed; 03-19-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:35 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

You guys just made me go look up the dance scene from Pulp Fiction. Luv that scene. Now, I am going to go find the dance scene from the movie Michael.

Might be time to do a little dancing around the house.

“C’est la vie say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.”
Old 03-20-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage

Driver is an excellent movie that keeps building and getting more violent. I haven't finished Polar but I'm hooked.
My son is in California and suggested I make 14 frozen dinners. I guess just in case I don't feel like cooking. I'll make 7 ham, corn and potatoes on a plate in a zip lock bag. I bought a spiral cut ham that will last a long time. I freeze it in pieces and will eventually make some kind of bean soup. And I'll make 7 portions of beef stew in the instant pot. Recipe forthcoming. Keep the ball rolling.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Driver is an excellent movie that keeps building and getting more violent. I haven't finished Polar but I'm hooked.
My son is in California and suggested I make 14 frozen dinners. I guess just in case I don't feel like cooking. I'll make 7 ham, corn and potatoes on a plate in a zip lock bag. I bought a spiral cut ham that will last a long time. I freeze it in pieces and will eventually make some kind of bean soup. And I'll make 7 portions of beef stew in the instant pot. Recipe forthcoming. Keep the ball rolling.
Do you know how good it is to have you back on board! Couldn't have reared your head at a better time. As people are a little stuck inside now how about that recipe for H O B O soup or stew or something.

Best line ever from tomwed. I ask you for the time and you build me a watch. Welcome Back!
Old 03-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Sage
Default Thank-you Nucky,

I made this recipe yesterday, Nucky--Here you go.

Instant Pot Easy Beef Stew

I doubled it. It turned out quite well. Beef Stew is comfort food so I filled up disposable bowls and put in the freezer for a rainy day. I have a Spiral Cut Ham and will fix some plates or ham, corn and potatoes individually wrapped and freeze those as well. Nothing will go to waste.

The recommended movie of Polar was riveting. I fast forward or lower the volume on torture scenes. And that movie has a doozy of one. Any other recommended movies? I'll look later on.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

You are one of the GOOD guys Tomwed. Too hot for real food for me at the moment, but a nice lady in the Deli gave me this recipe for a great supper sandwich with a good side salad.

Boars Head Deluxe Roast Beef on a sub roll or whatever you want to use, top with cooked peppers and onions, top that with cheese and put under the grill just long enough to melt the cheese, do not cook the roast beef. This is really delicious with a good side salad.

As for the cheese ............... whatever, turns you on. I happen to like Swiss, but anything that melts would be great.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage

That does sound good Madelaine, You could put peppers and onions on grass clippings with the right roll and it would taste good. Well maybe not grass clippings.
Have you got a good movie to recommend? I have found all these old classic movies on Youtube. I look them up on Rotten Tomatoes for the winners like Stagecoach and Rear Window.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
That does sound good Madelaine, You could put peppers and onions on grass clippings with the right roll and it would taste good. Well maybe not grass clippings.
Have you got a good movie to recommend? I have found all these old classic movies on Youtube. I look them up on Rotten Tomatoes for the winners like Stagecoach and Rear Window.
No movie, I did all that when we were running the Classic Movie thread, but I am looking for one that was playing about six months ago here in TV. A classical pianist who gets stage fright and cannot perform, it was a one word title and I just cannot find it. I think it was on Pluto one evening, but really have no idea.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Sage

It was on Pluto one evening? How big are your rabbit ears?
Old 03-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage

Grand Piano (2013)
Grand Piano (2013) A pianist with stage fright endures a performance under the eyes of a mysterious sniper, who will shoot and kill him if a wrong note is played

Is that it?
Old 03-22-2020, 07:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
No movie, I did all that when we were running the Classic Movie thread, but I am looking for one that was playing about six months ago here in TV. A classical pianist who gets stage fright and cannot perform, it was a one word title and I just cannot find it. I think it was on Pluto one evening, but really have no idea.
I think the movie you are looking for is Coda
Old 03-22-2020, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
I thought I would share with you my Instant Pot Recipes. Sometime I find them and sometimes I make them up. If you don't have an Instant Pot buy one. It sames time and money. And all you need to clean is one stainless steel pot. Do your own research.

I had some bananas that were getting over ripe. I cooked them in high pressure with steel cut oatmeal, ground flax seed, cinnamon for 4 minutes. 1 to 3 ratio of oats to water
It's delicious and good for you too.

I subscribe to Netflix. Now would be a good time to join. It's cheap. I am asking for someone to pick out a Netflix movie and discuss it tomorrow. I'll watch anything and I like talking about movies. So somebody, pick one out. I'm off to golf and I'll check in later to see if there is any interest in this thread.

And to all my old TOTV friends from years ago I hope you are doing well.
Mrs. KC made a real good meatloaf in ours tonight; she's going to make jambalaya sometimes this week.

Tags
pot, instant, pick, time, steel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.