Bang bang sauce

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Default Bang bang sauce

Anyone know where I can buy the sauce they use around the villages for making bang bang (bonefish) boom-boom(LSL lighthouse) and am sure there are other places that use it. I have found a place on-line but was wondering was a spot locally where I could get it?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield illinois View Post
Anyone know where I can buy the sauce they use around the villages for making bang bang (bonefish) boom-boom(LSL lighthouse) and am sure there are other places that use it. I have found a place on-line but was wondering was a spot locally where I could get it?
Well, if you can't find it, here's Bonefish Grill's own recipe for the sauce you crave

http://bonefishgrillrecipes.com/

Here's the Amazon link to buy the sauce for the recipe.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dinnis-Select-Shrimp-12-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B004BDC21W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308601551&sr=8-1[/ame]

Here's the company's site for the rest of their sauces
www.dinnisselect.com/
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Default Buy it local??

I was wanting to know if there is a place here that sold it?? I have looked at publix didn't have any luck
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 PM

This recipe was in the April 2010 Food Network Magazine developed in their kitchens to copy the Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe:

For the Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as sambal oelek)
2 teaspoons honey
Kosher salt

For the Shrimp:
Vegetable oil, for frying
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/4 pounds small shrimp, peeled and deveined
Bibb lettuce leaves, for serving
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish

Directions
Make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; set aside.

Prepare the shrimp: Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Whisk the flour, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.

Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.

Toss the shrimp with the prepared sauce. Arrange the lettuce in a shallow serving bowl or on individual plates. Top with the shrimp and garnish with scallions.

It is also available on the Food Network website - I just searched for 'Copy That' recipes and found it there. It would be easier to print from there.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Default Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help
Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Veteran member
Default bang-bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Well, if you can't find it, here's Bonefish Grill's own recipe for the sauce you crave

http://bonefishgrillrecipes.com/

Here's the Amazon link to buy the sauce for the recipe.
http://www.amazon.com/Dinnis-Select-...8601551&sr=8-1

Here's the company's site for the rest of their sauces
www.dinnisselect.com/
THANK YOU... Thank You... and... thank you some more for the info.... You ROCK RichieLion......Gonna be making one helluva mess of Bang-Bang.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks so much I love the stuff!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.