Love my lattes!

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Sage
Default Love my lattes!

I’m looking to purchase an espresso machine. Does anyone own one and if so, what brand is it and does it preform the way you thought it would? Is it easy to use? I’ve been researching them and they come in a wide range of prices and features. I mostly want one for lattes, cappuccinos and the like. Thanks for your Recommendations in advance........

Last edited by Happinow; 12-23-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:21 AM

We have had a Breville for a year. If it ever stopped working, we would absolutely buy another. Yes they are expensive, but it is one of the great pleasures in life. Every day.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSun View Post
We have had a Breville for a year. If it ever stopped working, we would absolutely buy another. Yes they are expensive, but it is one of the great pleasures in life. Every day.
Our Breville is more than 4 years old. Still going strong, some lattes mostly espresso. It was around $650 and worth it. We also have a nespresso, a pour over, French press. Either way the cost of all of them outweigh buying at a coffee shop
Old 12-24-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Nespresso great machine great price , cleans up easy many different drinks takes up little space try it you’ll like it
Old 12-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

If you're okay with 1 cup at a time, my vote is with the Keurig K-Cafe. You can get it cheaper on Amazon but here it is on the Keurig website: Access Denied

I use a permanent filter for it, and use a compostable fiber filter inside it. No expensive and eco-damaging pods needed, I use bagged espresso coffee. I make a cup of cappuccino every single morning when I get out of bed. I use more coffee than for a single shot, and pour myself a 6-ounce cup, plus steamed frothed milk.

You put enough 1% milk into the container to juuuuust barely cover the spindle on the bottom, then press the button. 30 seconds later, you're good to go. If you want a latte you fill the container up to the second line, and press the latte button instead of the cappuccino button, and you get steamed milk with a bit of loose froth (cappuccino froth consistency is more like whipped cream).

You can make coffee, tea, hot cocoa, just plain steamed milk, you can even cold-froth for ice drinks. The water reservoir will hold around 12 cups of water.

And if you use the non-disposable refillable filter, you might need 2 of them a year (the caps tend to eventually rip); you can get a 2-pack for $7. The paper filters run around $5 for 100 at Walmart. Then use a single scoop of whatever coffee you like, ground for a drip machine -or- finer (don't use coarse-ground coffee). Total cost for a normal-sized latte - around 40-60 cents, including the milk, using any bagged coffee from the supermarket.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Naw. No Latte's for moi.

The best part of wakin' up is Folgers in my cup. Strong robust mit und schlagesahn of half and half.

Just keep the pot clean, the oils build up quickly.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-24-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:45 PM

Nespresso for me also. I bought it about 1 month ago mostly for espressos...same quality as restaurant machines!
Old 12-24-2020, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Naw. No Latte's for moi.

The best part of wakin' up is Folgers in my cup. Strong robust mit und schlagesahn of half and half.

Just keep the pot clean, the oils build up quickly.
How does this help the OP in picking an espresso machine?

We like the K-Cafe also.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
late’s, wide, range, love, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.