Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2018, 05:46 AM

I've not found any pods that suit my taste. I make my coffee with a Bonavita drip coffee maker. I buy whole beans on and grind my beans using a burr grinder.

The best coffee I have found (I drink only dark roast) is from:

Camano Island Coffee Roasters

I have a subscription with them and have had it for many years.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).

Last edited by FenneyGuy; 09-02-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Best I have found is Hula Daddy extra fancy Kona and I have it shipped every month from Hawaii. Can't buy it anywhere but direct shipped and then use a French press.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Best I have found is Hula Daddy extra fancy Kona and I have it shipped every month from Hawaii. Can't buy it anywhere but direct shipped and then use a French press.
Just looked at the price. Wowza! And no dark roasts.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 09-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Just looked at the price. Wowza! And no dark roasts.
They have dark roast. When you order, you get a drop down menu where you select medium or dark roast. And yes it's not cheap, but no true 100% Kona coffee is cheap. Try the peabody Kona if you want to spend real money. I tried it and didn't notice a big difference between peabody and extra fancy.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:57 AM

I like Gevalia coffee. It's great that you can get it in the stores now, although I used to sign up for their mail service occasionally, and got a couple of free coffee makers, cups, and a very good thermal carafe from doing that.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

I started out with the old-fashioned coffee percolator cooked on the stove (remember those?). I graduated to the convenience of an electric percolator. Then came my Mr. Coffee phase when convenience usurped the wonderful aroma of percolating coffee.

In my opinion, no coffee maker can stand up to the bitterness and change of taste that occurs when coffee sits. I used to use a single cup drip system. But alas I have once again succumbed to convenience so my coffee maker of choice these days is the Keurig single pod system. Much more expensive but worth it to me.

Last edited by BK001; 09-02-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: grammatical fix
Old 09-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
They have dark roast. When you order, you get a drop down menu where you select medium or dark roast. And yes it's not cheap, but no true 100% Kona coffee is cheap. Try the peabody Kona if you want to spend real money. I tried it and didn't notice a big difference between peabody and extra fancy.
I see the dark roast. For now, I'll stay with Camano Island.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

I'm a coffee Philistine.
A teaspoon of Folgers instant coffee does me!
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I'm a coffee Philistine.
A teaspoon of Folgers instant coffee does me!
Blasphemy! LOL

As I guest, when I am offered/asked coffee or tea? Invariably I will choose coffee. But if I see the "instant coffee" jar come out I typically will say.

"On second thought, perhaps I'll have tea, thank you".

Just saying ...
Old 09-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I started out with the old-fashioned coffee percolator cooked on the stove (remember those?). I graduated to the convenience of an electric percolator. Then came my Mr. Coffee phase when convenience usurped the wonderful aroma of percolating coffee.

In my opinion, no coffee maker can stand up to the bitterness and change of taste that occurs when coffee sits. I used to use a single cup drip system. But alas I have once again succumbed to convenience so my coffee maker of choice these days is the Keurig single pod system. Much more expensive but worth it to me.
This is my story as well.

I prefer Peet's French Roast and Major Dickenson's Blend K-cups.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Default Blue mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Nespresso, buy pods online from them. Free ship no need for retailers second choice French press, pure kona, or blue mountain
Where do you purchase blue mountain? Had it in Jamaica, fantastic.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Default Favorite Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post

We use Keurig, fill our own pods with Vanilla/Hazlenut Coffee from Sam's Club. Delicious.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage

My preference is the Hawaii brand hazelnut coffee from Sam's. I like the brand they use at Johnny Rockets but I think it's only sold to commercial vendors. Very smooth.

I was going to buy a fancy Cuisinart coffee maker but since I only drink two cups a week, I went for the much cheaper Hamilton Beach for $20. Works for me!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I've learned, it really helps to make a good cup of coffee if you remember to put coffee in the coffee pot.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Maybe I am not a very sophisticated coffee drinker, but I am totally happy with my daily k cup made with Newman's Special Blend from Costo. Every time we go out for breakfast, or when I get a coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, I always think it is not as good as my k cup? Although one time, I had a cup of coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans that were put into a French press and that was really good, but way too much work for me for a cup of coffee.
I only like coffee from my coffee maker and his name is Henry. If someone slips me coffee with a flavor it makes me grumpy. Don't like any coffee other than the kind I get at home which is usually brought to me by silent feet when I sit down at this computer. I know that I am a lucky woman. We have had many different brands of coffee makers but fresh coffee, in our case Folgers, is my fave.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-03-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, found, makes, maker, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.