Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I am not particular, but I do like a good cup of coffee. We have tried lots of coffee makers and found that by far the best coffee maker we have found is the Nespresso (we have the Vertuoline model).

What we don’t is that we can only get the coffee via the mail ( no stores near us).

Does anyone else have a coffee maker that they JUST LOVE the coffee ☕️ it makes?
I’ve been wanting one of these for years and still haven’t pulled the trigger. Does yours make espresso and regular coffee? Where did you purchase it and where do you buy the coffee?

There are so many models it’s very confusing.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Maybe I am not a very sophisticated coffee drinker, but I am totally happy with my daily k cup made with Newman's Special Blend from Costo. Every time we go out for breakfast, or when I get a coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, I always think it is not as good as my k cup? Although one time, I had a cup of coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans that were put into a French press and that was really good, but way too much work for me for a cup of coffee.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2018, 01:04 AM

Location: Currently in Alaska, but soon to move to the Pine Hills Village

Ours makes differnet coffees and can make espresso by reprogramming it. The selection of types and blends is good and the quality of the coffee is really top notch. It makes a creme on the top of each that is rich and creamy... I have not seen any other maker that can do it. We got ours thru the mail (Amazon if I recall correctly).

They also have a great service policy.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I’ve been wanting one of these for years and still haven’t pulled the trigger. Does yours make espresso and regular coffee? Where did you purchase it and where do you buy the coffee?

There are so many models it’s very confusing.
There are two kinds of pods, one looks similar to a small K cup,( you can get off brands for these models), and the other is a small round dome, pods are not interchangeable.

I have the vertuo Pod that is small dome there are no off brands for this line of machine.

My pods determine what coffee is brewed. There are 4 kinds of espresso, and about 15 different kinds of strength coffees. Pods make 5.5ozs to 12.5, except for the espresso that is 1.5oz. To 2 ozs.

You are correct there are multiple coffee makers, with nespresso name under couple of brands. You first need to decide what pod you want to buy, then what maker.

I went to a sur la table store to try which pod made the better coffee. While the original pod made great coffee, the small dome verrtuo line was even better. But that line of makers without a sale starts at $250 to $700, depending on the bundle you buy.

It’s was a nespresso day with the reps from the company there with every machine made, base models to some with built steam milk. It was the end of the day and were about to pack up and sold me the $450 vertuo maker with steamer and a separate frothier for $165, ( I wanted red, it took the black for the deal). So there are deals to be had on Amazon and in stores that sell them.

Mine is about 2 years old, I only drink one cup a day either French pressed, or nespresso. So cost is not a factor for me. If you drink multiple cups of coffee a day you might want to consider a regular coffee maker, or a K cup.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Where can one buy Pete’s Dark Roast? I cannot drink Starbucks coffee.
I think he means "Peets" rather than "Petes". You can buy it at Publix. When I buy Peet's, I like "Major Dickason's Blend". Here are Peet's dark roasts:

Dark Roast Coffee Beans | Peet's Coffee
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milano and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).

Last edited by FenneyGuy; 09-02-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:46 AM

I've not found any pods that suit my taste. I make my coffee with a Bonavita drip coffee maker. I buy whole beans on and grind my beans using a burr grinder.

The best coffee I have found (I drink only dark roast) is from:

Camano Island Coffee Roasters

I have a subscription with them and have had it for many years.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milano and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).

Last edited by FenneyGuy; 09-02-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Sage

Best I have found is Hula Daddy extra fancy Kona and I have it shipped every month from Hawaii. Can't buy it anywhere but direct shipped and then use a French press.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Best I have found is Hula Daddy extra fancy Kona and I have it shipped every month from Hawaii. Can't buy it anywhere but direct shipped and then use a French press.
Just looked at the price. Wowza! And no dark roasts.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Just looked at the price. Wowza! And no dark roasts.
They have dark roast. When you order, you get a drop down menu where you select medium or dark roast. And yes it's not cheap, but no true 100% Kona coffee is cheap. Try the peabody Kona if you want to spend real money. I tried it and didn't notice a big difference between peabody and extra fancy.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:57 AM

I like Gevalia coffee. It's great that you can get it in the stores now, although I used to sign up for their mail service occasionally, and got a couple of free coffee makers, cups, and a very good thermal carafe from doing that.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, found, makes, maker, good