Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

I started out with the old-fashioned coffee percolator cooked on the stove (remember those?). I graduated to the convenience of an electric percolator. Then came my Mr. Coffee phase when convenience usurped the wonderful aroma of percolating coffee.

In my opinion, no coffee maker can stand up to the bitterness and change of taste that occurs when coffee sits. I used to use a single cup drip system. But alas I have once again succumbed to convenience so my coffee maker of choice these days is the Keurig single pod system. Much more expensive but worth it to me.

Last edited by BK001; 09-02-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: grammatical fix

Old 09-02-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
They have dark roast. When you order, you get a drop down menu where you select medium or dark roast. And yes it's not cheap, but no true 100% Kona coffee is cheap. Try the peabody Kona if you want to spend real money. I tried it and didn't notice a big difference between peabody and extra fancy.
I see the dark roast. For now, I'll stay with Camano Island.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milano and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

I'm a coffee Philistine.
A teaspoon of Folgers instant coffee does me!
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I'm a coffee Philistine.
A teaspoon of Folgers instant coffee does me!
Blasphemy! LOL

As I guest, when I am offered/asked coffee or tea? Invariably I will choose coffee. But if I see the "instant coffee" jar come out I typically will say.

"On second thought, perhaps I'll have tea, thank you".

Just saying ...
Old 09-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I started out with the old-fashioned coffee percolator cooked on the stove (remember those?). I graduated to the convenience of an electric percolator. Then came my Mr. Coffee phase when convenience usurped the wonderful aroma of percolating coffee.

In my opinion, no coffee maker can stand up to the bitterness and change of taste that occurs when coffee sits. I used to use a single cup drip system. But alas I have once again succumbed to convenience so my coffee maker of choice these days is the Keurig single pod system. Much more expensive but worth it to me.
This is my story as well.

I prefer Peet's French Roast and Major Dickenson's Blend K-cups.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Blue mountain
Old 09-02-2018, 11:18 AM

Default Blue mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Nespresso, buy pods online from them. Free ship no need for retailers second choice French press, pure kona, or blue mountain
Where do you purchase blue mountain? Had it in Jamaica, fantastic.
Favorite Coffee
Old 09-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Default Favorite Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post

We use Keurig, fill our own pods with Vanilla/Hazlenut Coffee from Sam's Club. Delicious.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage

My preference is the Hawaii brand hazelnut coffee from Sam's. I like the brand they use at Johnny Rockets but I think it's only sold to commercial vendors. Very smooth.

I was going to buy a fancy Cuisinart coffee maker but since I only drink two cups a week, I went for the much cheaper Hamilton Beach for $20. Works for me!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

I've learned, it really helps to make a good cup of coffee if you remember to put coffee in the coffee pot.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Maybe I am not a very sophisticated coffee drinker, but I am totally happy with my daily k cup made with Newman's Special Blend from Costo. Every time we go out for breakfast, or when I get a coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, I always think it is not as good as my k cup? Although one time, I had a cup of coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans that were put into a French press and that was really good, but way too much work for me for a cup of coffee.
I only like coffee from my coffee maker and his name is Henry. If someone slips me coffee with a flavor it makes me grumpy. Don't like any coffee other than the kind I get at home which is usually brought to me by silent feet when I sit down at this computer. I know that I am a lucky woman. We have had many different brands of coffee makers but fresh coffee, in our case Folgers, is my fave.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-03-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, found, makes, maker, good