Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Platinum member

We gave a Keurig and buy pods online from The Christmas Tree Shop. They carry Victor Allen in several strengths, flavored or not. I like dark roast Coumbian and did not like Kona. My husband likes Donut Shop medium roast. I love the cappucino and hazelnut also. There is a huge selection and the price is right especially when there is a coupon. If you use the promo code SHIPNOW your shipping is $4.95 no matter how big or small your order is.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Being old fashioned.
I still use my cook on the stove coffee pot
Fill with water, Fill basket with 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee
when it starts to perk turn down heat perk for around 10 minutes ..Added bonus grounds are great for you flower bed
Old 09-03-2018, 10:06 AM

I have a Nepresso but don't use it. My husband uses it, though. I just use "the pour over method" Put paper filter in ceramic cone shaped device. Put coffee grounds in it, put this on top of your mug. Pour hot water over the coffee grounds and it drips into the mug. It takes a couple of minutes but well worth the wait. No plastic and you just discard the filter, rinse out the cone. Easy. One time, I ran out of coffee. Used the Nepresso but first put it on the rinse mode. Lots of old coffee grounds came out. It was pretty disgusting. I had to rinse multiple times to get clear water. So if you do have one of the Nepresso or Kerig type machines, they do need to be maintained and cleaned on a regular basis. That is why if I see one at a car dealership or other place of business, I never use them because I don't know how well they are maintained/cleaned. I don't want to be drinking old coffee grounds.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Fresh cup everytime, I have 2 every morning. I've had Mr. Coffee and others, and I can't tell the difference. I have been drinking instant for 30 years. The Int'l Delight was something my wife showed me about a year ago. I wanted to stop using 'Sweet & Low' because of the news about artificial sweeters being bad. With ID you don't need any sweetners, in fact my wife mixes half with milk, because otherwise it's almost too sweet.

The Villages Florida

+

The Villages Florida
Old 09-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
I have a Nepresso but don't use it. My husband uses it, though. I just use "the pour over method" Put paper filter in ceramic cone shaped device. Put coffee grounds in it, put this on top of your mug. Pour hot water over the coffee grounds and it drips into the mug. It takes a couple of minutes but well worth the wait. No plastic and you just discard the filter, rinse out the cone. Easy. One time, I ran out of coffee. Used the Nepresso but first put it on the rinse mode. Lots of old coffee grounds came out. It was pretty disgusting. I had to rinse multiple times to get clear water. So if you do have one of the Nepresso or Kerig type machines, they do need to be maintained and cleaned on a regular basis. That is why if I see one at a car dealership or other place of business, I never use them because I don't know how well they are maintained/cleaned. I don't want to be drinking old coffee grounds.
Keurig makes what tastes like instant coffee to me. I do not like instant coffee. I will use a drip machine (not a fan of that either) or use the espresso machine with Illy dark roast and foamed skim milk (my favorite way to have coffee).

Last edited by CFrance; 09-18-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyGrandpap View Post
Where do you purchase blue mountain? Had it in Jamaica, fantastic.
Friends or when we travel to Jamaica. But if we run out I buy from Volcanoca Coffee. They carry 100% from different estates
Old 09-03-2018, 02:33 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I started out with the old-fashioned coffee percolator cooked on the stove (remember those?). I graduated to the convenience of an electric percolator. Then came my Mr. Coffee phase when convenience usurped the wonderful aroma of percolating coffee.

In my opinion, no coffee maker can stand up to the bitterness and change of taste that occurs when coffee sits. I used to use a single cup drip system. But alas I have once again succumbed to convenience so my coffee maker of choice these days is the Keurig single pod system. Much more expensive but worth it to me.
We use the Keurig also since my husband likes light roast and I like dark roast.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Gold member

We have a Keurig, but frankly, the coffee I've tried from it tastes like instant, so I never use it. I use a Mister Coffee five cup drip coffee maker with New England Coffee, either the breakfast blend or another light/medium roast coffee. I use four cups of filtered water with three rounded tablespoons of coffee and start the coffee before I walk the dog; when I return in twenty minutes it's done and I pour it all in a big cup with some half-and-half. It's perfect for me, smooth and delicious.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Being old fashioned.
I still use my cook on the stove coffee pot
Fill with water, Fill basket with 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee
when it starts to perk turn down heat perk for around 10 minutes ..Added bonus grounds are great for you flower bed
My Polish grandmother was very frugal. Her recipe:
1. Buy old fashioned pot with stem and basket at a yard sale.
2. Throw away the stem and basket.
3. Add coffee to pot.
4. Boil until grounds are white.
5. Add sweetened condensed milk to pot and serve.
6. Leave on stove for any late drinkers.
7. Put grounds in garden.
8. Start over tomorrow—assuming there was none left.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Just looked at the price. Wowza! And no dark roasts.
No one in their right mind would dark roast a Kona coffee. Kills the unique flavor and reduces the caffeine content.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, found, makes, maker, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.