Diabetes Denial Help with Snacks

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Sage
Smile Diabetes Denial Help with Snacks

Hi everybody.

I have been in diabetes denial for about a year. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance about a year ago which I guess is pre-diabetes. I have tried to be good and eat what I should, but my downfall is the sweets. I think I have finally crossed over the line when it comes to the pre diabetes and now have diabetes. My numbers have been skyrocketing lately and I haven't felt so well. I am seeing a doctor for it, but I just need some tips on snacks and suggestions on what you all eat so you don't feel so cheated. Of course I love to cook and that is my problem. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Protein is your friend.

It helps regulate the way the carbs are turned to sugar, although you do need to drop as much of the carbs as possible.

It's especially good to have a bedtime snack of some cheese or maybe hard cooked egg (deviled eggs work).

Try making an appointment with a dietician who specializes in foods that work well for your tastes.

It will take some time to find what your food "triggers" are and then it's much easier to avoid those specific foods instead of ALL carbs. Also, stay away from "diet" drinks because even though they do not have sugar they do tend to increase the appetite. Try to stick with unsweetened tea or some of the flavored waters. It's also good if you keep a jug of water in the refrigerator with lemon or (my personal favorite) sliced cucumber. The cucumber water sounds pretty disgusting but it's really quite refreshing and is surprisingly tasty.

Good luck for a healthier life style eating program.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Sage

I private messaged you!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.