The Most Awesome Pork Tenderloin Ever

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Default The Most Awesome Pork Tenderloin Ever

Recipe

This is a favorite of mine that is so easy. Don't use too big of a pan so the juices don't spread out too much and burn.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Recipe

This is a favorite of mine that is so easy. Don't use too big of a pan so the juices don't spread out too much and burn.
I just saw it calls for 11 x 17 pan. I would think an 11 x 13 would work as these tenderloins aren't that large.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Recipe

Looks good.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thanks. I am going to try this, maybe today.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Thanks. I am going to try this, maybe today.
Glad to hear that. Let me know how it turns out! I'm thinking of making it later this week.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Glad to hear that. Let me know how it turns out! I'm thinking of making it later this week.
I am not a confident cook, but I will see what I can do with this. Catching pork before it gets tough is an art I think, even with a meat thermometer.

I would like to roast some vegetables to go with it. So far, I am as far as thinking about carrots. But the day is young.

Any recipes out there for a nicely seasoned combination of roasted vegetables?
Old 09-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
I am not a confident cook, but I will see what I can do with this. Catching pork before it gets tough is an art I think, even with a meat thermometer.

I would like to roast some vegetables to go with it. So far, I am as far as thinking about carrots. But the day is young.

Any recipes out there for a nicely seasoned combination of roasted vegetables?
I think you will need to adjust the cooking time based on how big the tenderloins are. A meat thermometer will help. Here is a recipe I found that is a spin on a similar one with just tomatoes that I make. I have added this one to my Pinterest page as it sounds really good if you like summer squash and tomatoes. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56787645279100809/

Another way is to take carrots sliced diagonally, peeled parsnips, red potatoes quartered, chunks of red onion, brussel sprouts, coat veggies in olive oil, season with seasoned salt and pepper and bake until done in a 400 degree oven. Try to make the veggies approx the same size so they cook evenly.

Last edited by jnieman; 09-22-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Add this to the Pork roast.

Jullian sliced carrots in a large pan
Corse chopped or sliced dates
Two or more Tlbs of melted butter poured on top (substitute olive oil if you like but butter is best)
Add a little salt and pepper

Roast till golden (about 30++ mins at 350)
Old 09-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Sage

Please do not add veggies to the roasting pan when roasting the pork. It will alter the cooking time and texture of the pork and the glazing effect as you will be basting the pork with the glaze. Veggies can be roasted separately and warmed later.

Last edited by jnieman; 09-22-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
I finally got around to trying this. The flavor is really nice. Nothing overpowers anything else. The only problem was my fault. Catching that pork at that perfect pink temperature got past me. It had too much time to stand. I should have listened to Mr. Boomer. I got all hung up on the meat thermometer reading. Should have taken the pork out of the oven sooner.

I just had a couple of those little leftover medallions cold for lunch. Flavor still nice. Texture reminding me to grab it sooner next time.

I also tried the carrots and dates recipe posted in this thread. I was lazy though and bought carrot chips instead of trying to do the julienne thing with my dull knives. The carrots seemed to be getting too dry before they were done. Mr. Boomer poured a little orange juice on them to finish up and they turned out fine.

Please do not tell Mr. Boomer that I might be setting him up to take over all the cooking.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
I finally got around to trying this. The flavor is really nice. Nothing overpowers anything else. The only problem was my fault. Catching that pork at that perfect pink temperature got past me. It had too much time to stand. I should have listened to Mr. Boomer. I got all hung up on the meat thermometer reading. Should have taken the pork out of the oven sooner.

I just had a couple of those little leftover medallions cold for lunch. Flavor still nice. Texture reminding me to grab it sooner next time.

I also tried the carrots and dates recipe posted in this thread. I was lazy though and bought carrot chips instead of trying to do the julienne thing with my dull knives. The carrots seemed to be getting too dry before they were done. Mr. Boomer poured a little orange juice on them to finish up and they turned out fine.

Please do not tell Mr. Boomer that I might be setting him up to take over all the cooking.
Glad you tried the pork. It really is key to catching it right when you think it is done. Last time I used my meat thermometer it made reminded me that it is time to buy a new one. I think my last one lasted about 20 years and they are much more advanced now. The pork tenderloins vary so much by size. In the photo they have two small ones, but all I could find in the store were large ones.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 AM

If you are looking for a good thermometer do a search for Thermapen. It's an 'instant' read type with a very thin probe. I use mine for testing breads & baked goods as well as meats. It's a bit pricey but, IMO, well worth the investment.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Looks delicious. Of course if you soak most foods in sugar they will taste pretty good.

I'm going to have to try it some time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Sage

I do believe though that pork tenderloin cooked that long would be gray and dried out. I would check it after about 20 minutes
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Platinum member
Default Small ones

Quote:
Glad you tried the pork. It really is key to catching it right when you think it is done. Last time I used my meat thermometer it made reminded me that it is time to buy a new one. I think my last one lasted about 20 years and they are much more advanced now. The pork tenderloins vary so much by size. In the photo they have two small ones, but all I could find in the store were large ones.
I have tied two small ones together with cotton string when I was worried about the size. I also take it out a few degrees early knowing it will rise to the correct temp.
Closed Thread

Tags
big, pan, burn, spread, juices, tenderloin, pork, awesome, mine, favorite, easy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.