New eating trends among millennials...Avocado Toast.

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2018, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I'm sticking with peanut butter, mayo, and banana on 7 grain toast.
High five? Every time I mention liking peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches, I get quite the look.

I've been on a breakfast kick of guacamole on toast recently, alternating with grilled cheese or fried egg sandwiches.

What brands of wheat bread do others recommend? I like dense/heavy loaves, especially seeded. Most grocery brands are too soft and airy for my taste.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
I like a sprouted grain toast with cottage cheese on top. Reminds me of quark in Germany.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
What brands of wheat bread do others recommend? I like dense/heavy loaves, especially seeded.
Sprouted grain, seven-grain, rye bread? I also like dense loaves, don't like fluffy loaves.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post

What brands of wheat bread do others recommend? I like dense/heavy loaves, especially seeded. Most grocery brands are too soft and airy for my taste.
For me, the only really good heavy wheat bread is the one made by the French baker who sells at Brownwood --- but, but, but .......... he is leaving to spend the summer in France in about three weeks.

My breakfast, every day, 2oz walnuts, half grapefruit, two eggs up on toast.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

What happened to 2 eggs over medium with ham or bacon or whatever and hash browns with 2 buttered pieces of toast, and maybe some Jam.
Avocados for breakfast? Sorry. Late 70's and still in good health.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
What happened to 2 eggs over medium with ham or bacon or whatever and hash browns with 2 buttered pieces of toast, and maybe some Jam.
Avocados for breakfast? Sorry. Late 70's and still in good health.
I don't think there is anything wrong with that breakfast, but I cannot eat ham or bacon and hash browns for breakfast, my insides do not appreciate being fed that much fat, so my two eggs on toast are poached. My otherhalf LOVES eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage and anything else you can get on his plate, but he does not eat until dinner after that.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, toast, good, made, cheerios

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.