Ovens & Crockpots & Mashed Potatoes, Oh My!

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Cincinnati Girls,
My cousins from Cincinnati were in for the holidays and Celene brought a local homemade peanut butter & chocolate confection known as Buckeyes............Omg, swoon food, one taste and you just might faint. Reeses taste like the store brand by comparison. How come you're not telling us about Buckeyes?mmmmm, yummy
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Cincinnati Girls,
My cousins from Cincinnati were in for the holidays and Celene brought a local homemade peanut butter & chocolate confection known as Buckeyes............Omg, swoon food, one taste and you just might faint. Reeses taste like the store brand by comparison. How come you're not telling us about Buckeyes?mmmmm, yummy

Hi Whalen.

When I saw your post, I pulled out every local cookbook that I have and could not find the recipe for Buckeyes. But I sure know what you are talking about. And it is probably a very good thing that I do not have the recipe. I think they are really easy to make and I would probably make them every other day and eat them all. Even though I am prone to hyperbole, that statement is probably not too far off, at least on a bad day anyway. They are like the best Reese's Cup ever.

A friend brought us some Buckeyes at Christmas.

So if no other Buckeye beats me to it, I will catch up with that recipe and post it. It may take me a few days so maybe somebody will have already found it. I wonder if GG has the recipe.

I am glad you liked them. They are made to look like the Buckeyes from the tree.

Boomer the Buckeye

Last edited by Boomer; 01-09-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Cincinnati Girls,
A couple of days ago I promised to track down this recipe for you if nobody beat me to it. Well, the friend who gave us the Buckeyes at Christmas just called so I got it.

Here goes.

Mix these ingredients:
2 Cups peanut butter
3 Cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 lb. of butter

And....

Melt together:
A 12 oz. pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 layer of paraffin wax

And then....

Roll the peanut butter mixture into balls and dip them in the melted chocolate & paraffin mix to make them look like Buckeyes. (No, not like people from Ohio. Make them look like the Buckeyes from the tree.)

Whalen, this is wicked, wicked stuff I am giving you the recipe for. But you know that already and you asked. Have fun.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-11-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Veteran member

O My, O My,
The diet started yesterday, I know, I'll make them for the kids next door.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Eternal Member
Default Buckeye Candy Recipes

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-..._candy,FF.html

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.