Potlucks

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Called them pot luck's growing up, and bring a dish another place.

Where I live now they do progressive dinners where you have one host for appetizers, several hosts for the main course and one other host for dessert. So 50 or so people will gather at one house to start with about 8-10 bringing an appetizer, split into 5 or 6 groups for the main course where the host serves the main dish and a couple of couples at each home bring a side dish then everyone moves to the dessert home where 10 or so more bring desserts. The menu is set the same for each main course and sides, so it does require a bit of organization but still a fun event. This would be an easy Villages thing to do.
I remember those when we lived in Eden Prairie, MN--great fun.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

I've lived for the past 35+ years in upstate NY and we have potlucks frequently. None of my friends does dinner parties much anymore, but we still get together frequently with potlucks.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.