Recommend Publix home cooked Pork Spare ribs

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Recommend Publix home cooked Pork Spare ribs

I purchased a small rack of Publix frozen pork ribs this week. Never tried cooking my own before. Got a slow cooker "cook in the bag" bag and cooked the ribs all day today. They were beyond excellent. Much meatier and tastier than anything we have had at a rib place.

Went back to buy more ribs and unfortunately they are sold out, but suggest you watch for them because they are really great. My pork rib rack cost under $10.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I purchased a small rack of Publix frozen pork ribs this week. Never tried cooking my own before. Got a slow cooker "cook in the bag" bag and cooked the ribs all day today. They were beyond excellent. Much meatier and tastier than anything we have had at a rib place.

Went back to buy more ribs and unfortunately they are sold out, but suggest you watch for them because they are really great. My pork rib rack cost under $10.
Mmm - sounds great. Are they in available plain or are they in a BBQ sauce? If so, is it sweet?
Old 11-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

That sounds great...But one better. They ( Publix ) has a recipe near the Sea Food Dept. for Baby Back Ribs.

In the oven out of this world !
Old 11-04-2018, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Mmm - sounds great. Are they in available plain or are they in a BBQ sauce? If so, is it sweet?
The ones I purchased were plain ribs, no sauce. They have a freezer case in the middle of the aisle across the back of the store and sometimes they have whole sides of salmon and cod. The ribs were in that case, but like I said they did not last the day.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
ribs, rack, bag, pork, cooked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.