Rubber Chicken & Fishy Fish

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Rubber Chicken & Fishy Fish

CJ.......... BINGO ......... like I said, I live in the pacific northwest and can't even get fresh-caught fish here!! Wuzzup with that :dontknow:

I'll try poaching my fish with some lemon pepper next time. That sounds good.

Thanks everyone who responded with good tips :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
For all of you who have never used a meat thermometer give it a try. I was surprised to learn that I was overcooking most meats. But when cooked to the right temperature (using a thermometer) it is moist and juicy every time. Trust me.
As a non cook, (I have an allergy to stoves), I've never used a thermometer of any kind. I just wing it and things usually turn out edible. I marinate everything before I cook it.

But Bright, because I DO trust you, I'm on my way to a store to buy a meat thermometer!

Do you also use a thermometer for fish or is it too thin?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj

Gee Coney Island, maybe we can have some Sport fisherman set up a stand in the Village Square and we can be his first customers!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

LOL CJ 1rnfl

When I lived in Coral Gables FL back in the dark ages..... there was a fresh fish market two blocks from my house; that's been long-gone !

I only know of only one tiny fish market in Medford, about 20 miles from where I live. Of course, the large supermarkets - even Super Walmart have a "fresh" fish display case. Usually it's fresh/frozen/thawed and then it's a crap-shoot if you're gonna get real 1-week-old fresh fish :
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj

Attention all sport fisherman/fisherwomen of tv. Here is an employment opportunity that is fun. Fish and sell to fellow tv'ers. Get your poles and hit the waters!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.