Taylor Pork Roll and nice lady from New Jersey

Taylor Pork Roll and nice lady from New Jersey

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Okay my friends in the know. I am having myself a Taylor pork roll sandwich for my lunch.

Make slits in how many slices? (They are kinda thin)
Fry an egg too?
Add sliced tomato and thinly sliced sweet Vidalia and mayonnaise or mustard?

Bread preference?

I have learned so many things on this forum.
It's best on a roll. I like mayo too but don't tell anyone. Cook it over low heat and it will curl, then flip it and the other side curls and you are done. Melt the cheese if you are using, only american. No swiss or anything like that.

North Jersey: Taylor Ham
South Jersey/Philly: Pork Roll.

Never a combo.

Artisan ice cream places have been making Taylor Ham ice cream these last few summers.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Location: Springfield Oh Phoenix Az Melbourne Fl Lexington Ky

Ok. I have to ask. What is the difference between pork roll and good old fashion bologna?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage

Ah...As it is often heard in the hinterlands...

We have done and et.

I made it on toasted potato bread nice and dense. Three pieces of Taylor pork roll and one piece of American cheese, thinly sliced sweet onion and tomato..(not Ohio or New Jersey tomato) but you have to go on...… A nice fried egg, salt and pepper and mayonnaise and catsup. I cut it in two and gave the biggest part to my sweet husband...and then I enjoyed my part immensely.It was yummy and satisfying and kind of reminded me of my childhood fried baloney sandwiches...So glad I tried it and will buy it again.

Kind of sorry I gave him the biggest part. sigh.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:02 PM

All you need now is a cigarette and a Yoohoo, some gambling tickets in your pocket, and you could work as a longshore(wo)man in Port Elizabeth.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
All you need now is a cigarette and a Yoohoo, some gambling tickets in your pocket, and you could work as a longshore(wo)man in Port Elizabeth.
Now that evokes a memory from my soul of the Bayway Diner - before Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - and the original 9 stools!
Bayway Diner | Restaurants : Food Network | Food Network

Old 09-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Growing up in NYC, we called it Taylor's Ham. Bought it sliced thin at the deli. When not making a sandwich, I used to eat it just rolled up with a spoonful of Breakstone's cottage cheese inside.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Now that evokes a memory from my soul of the Bayway Diner - before Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - and the original 9 stools!
Bayway Diner | Restaurants : Food Network | Food Network
The man who owned The Bayway Diner also owned a Biker Bar in Elizabeth. He was so chilled out at The Diner and made a mint. The Burgers were Fantastic. Every truck coming out of The Refinery was almost required to stop there. When he was at the bar just a different person. This was many moons ago.

Big Stash's in Linden is out of business, what a shame.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbluk View Post
Ok. I have to ask. What is the difference between pork roll and good old fashion bologna?
I was wondering this also
Old 09-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I was wondering this also
Taylor Ham I think and has a polar opposite taste to bologna that is hard to compare to anything else. If you ever believed any Bologna I've ever sold on here I promise you will be happy if you find it in the store now.

Mrs. Nucky had a friend and her husband stay with us for a week while they searched for a home. They paid the favor back to Mrs. Nucky with 15 lbs of Pork Roll sent in Dry Ice thru the mail. They were mortified that it couldn't be purchased here. Guess we were wrong about that.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Taylor Ham I think and has a polar opposite taste to bologna that is hard to compare to anything else. If you ever believed any Bologna I've ever sold on here I promise you will be happy if you find it in the store now.

Mrs. Nucky had a friend and her husband stay with us for a week while they searched for a home. They paid the favor back to Mrs. Nucky with 15 lbs of Pork Roll sent in Dry Ice thru the mail. They were mortified that it couldn't be purchased here. Guess we were wrong about that.
Might have to try it
Closed Thread

Tags
taylor, pork, roll, told, put