Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   What tastes better the next day? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/what-tastes-better-next-day-244311/)

MikeV 07-23-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1427234)
Even tuna salad?

Especially tuna anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bonny 07-23-2017 11:31 AM

I love leftovers!!
The best the next day is, spaghetti, chili & goulash !!

Nucky 07-23-2017 12:04 PM

We call leftovers by the name Mustgoes. Either we eat it or it Must Go in the garbage. My favorite leftovers are Spanish Rice or Cold Pizza. Yummy Yum Yum!

Villager Joyce 07-23-2017 12:57 PM

Cold Mac and cheese on white bread.

dbussone 07-23-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villager Joyce (Post 1427295)
Cold Mac and cheese on white bread.

I've not heard about this. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

merrymini 07-24-2017 07:18 AM

Baked macaroni or lasagna...

DigitalGranny 07-24-2017 09:07 AM

Chili, soup, potato salad

graciegirl 07-24-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalGranny (Post 1427579)
Chili, soup, potato salad

Ah yes. Chili........which is more of a soup where we come from....but it rarely lasts until the next day. I love potato salad, either JUST when you blend it, when the potatoes are kinda warm or next day after the onion has distributed. And soups of all kinds are better the next day.

THUNDERCHIEF 07-24-2017 06:16 PM

Vodka & cranberry

dbussone 07-24-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1427649)
Ah yes. Chili........which is more of a soup where we come from....but it rarely lasts until the next day. I love potato salad, either JUST when you blend it, when the potatoes are kinda warm or next day after the onion has distributed. And soups of all kinds are better the next day.

How do you make potato salad?

We make a dish passed down from an old yankee (read as Maniacs) recipe on my Mom's side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

graciegirl 07-24-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1427868)
How do you make potato salad?

We make a dish passed down from an old yankee (read as Maniacs) recipe on my Mom's side.

My favorite is VERY simple. I boil as many eggs as I do potatoes. Usually for us three...five of each. I mince fine about half of a sweet Vidalia onion and put a generous amount of Hellmann's mayonnaise in with salt and pepper. I know others add pickle and celery and mustard, but we like it with just those few ingredients.

justjim 07-24-2017 08:21 PM

Definitely Chilli---we spell it with two l's. Our chilli has sauce, meat and beans too.

dbussone 07-24-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1427875)
My favorite is VERY simple. I boil as many eggs as I do potatoes. Usually for us three...five of each. I mince fine about half of a sweet Vidalia onion and put a generous amount of Hellmann's mayonnaise in with salt and pepper. I know others add pickle and celery and mustard, but we like it with just those few ingredients.

You have it correct down to the Hellmann's. We have tried, on rare occasions, sweet relish. It works, also.

rubicon 07-25-2017 04:23 AM

my wife made mussels, shrimp and angel hair with a
fresh marinara sauce on Friday. Saturday it was even more of a delight ...hon do you want the left over mussel and or can I have it?:D

CFrance 07-25-2017 07:43 AM

I used to make angel hair pasta topped with a sauce consisting of eggplant chunks, sausage chunks, tomatoes, a bit of Vermouth, and some other stuff. It was a recipe from Gourmet magazine. Our teenagers scarfed it up, never realized there was eggplant in it. On the rare occasion it was still there the next day, it was even better.