What is your favorite salad dressing?

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
What is your favorite salad dressing? It is like asking what is your favorite meal? Is it...yes is it...yes.

I will tell you that my favorite dressing for a salad when the meal is a red meat sauce pasta dish is no salad dressing at all but I do add a little of the meat sauce to my salad.
I'm gong to bet that there are a number of posters who do the same
Hmm......thought only my husband did that. Guess it must be an Italian thing. Otherwise, he will go for the Ken's Vidalia Onion dressing or a balsamic dressing.

My favorite is Brianna's French Vinaigrette. I got into that when I decided to cut down on my sugar intake. It's also good as a marinade for grilled chicken. I remember growing up on the hot bacon vinaigrette that my German grandmother used to make - yummy!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Hmm......thought only my husband did that. Guess it must be an Italian thing. Otherwise, he will go for the Ken's Vidalia Onion dressing or a balsamic dressing.

My favorite is Brianna's French Vinaigrette. I got into that when I decided to cut down on my sugar intake. It's also good as a marinade for grilled chicken. I remember growing up on the hot bacon vinaigrette that my German grandmother used to make - yummy!
I had that on ****offle Salat and on Spinach. YUM. K-a-r-t-offle Salat. Who knew potato in German was a dirty word?

I am going to have to try Ken's Vidalia Onion Dressing. Is it refrigerated or not?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

If you ever make spaghetti dressed with olive oil, roasted pine nuts, and grated good quality parm or romano, try dumping that in your green salad. Yum. Doesn't need any dressing at all. Now I'm hungry.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I had that on ****offle Salat and on Spinach. YUM. K-a-r-t-offle Salat. Who knew potato in German was a dirty word?

I am going to have to try Ken's Vidalia Onion Dressing. Is it refrigerated or not?
Not refrigerated - should be in the aisle with other salad dressings, gracie.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If you ever make spaghetti dressed with olive oil, roasted pine nuts, and grated good quality parm or romano, try dumping that in your green salad. Yum. Doesn't need any dressing at all. Now I'm hungry.
Sounds delish! Thanks for the idea.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:54 PM

If anybody is from the Altoona Pa area gotta be Luigetta's (Woody's for old timers). Always was a secret recipe but found it on internet and makes the best salad.
Closed Thread

Tags
salad, poppy, seed, marzettis, tomato

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.