What's your favorite thing to make in your Instapot?

What's your favorite thing to make in your Instapot?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
When I got my Instant Pot, I was able to retire my 46-yr-old Miro 4-quart old-fashioned pressure cooker for which I can no longer find replacement parts easily. BTW, I had no trouble making bean soups in a 4-quart pressure cooker. Our favorite was a vegetarian lentil soup that had a tablespoon of brown sugar in it, plus a tablespoon or two of tarragon vinegar added at the end. No need to pre-soak the lentils, either--just rinse them.

I can brown things in the Instant Pot, add other ingredients, and then switch to slow cook. It takes the place of two kitchen appliances in our cottage-of-little-storage-space.
I have a 40 year old pressure cooker that I have also retired. I have always loved using it just a little afraid the older it got. Really looking forward to using my instapot.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:52 PM

Just got my 8QT InstantPot a few weeks ago. So far I've made 3 things and have enjoyed all of them.

The first was Beef & Broccoli which I made for Xmas dinner - I was really taking a chance as my first meal. The only thing I would change on that recipe was to use low salt soy sauce because it was a bit on the salty side but really good!

The second meal was Stuffed Peppers. I loved the fact that I didn't need to cook the rice first like in a traditional recipe. The only thing I would change with that recipe have some extra tomato sauce to use after they cooked, they needed a bit more.

The third meal was mac & cheese which turned out great! The only thing I would change is add more pepper.

All three meals were easy and fast. So far I'm loving the InstantPot!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2018, 07:04 PM

I like making cheesecakes in mine.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

I have an 8 quart Instant pot. I can cook 2 pounds of soaked beans in nine minutes. Then let it slow release pressure.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Our favorite recipes are from the Pressure Luck Cooking website: Mushroom Soup, Meatballs, and Butternut Squash Risotto. Also have made cheesecakes, chocolate lava cakes and rice pudding from others on Youtube.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Our crock pot is getting tired. The Instant Pot can be used as a slow cooker as well, but from various comments on the internet, it doesn't do as good of a job in this mode compared to a regular slow cooker.

Does anybody have experience using their Instant Pot as a slow cooker, and did it produce good results?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Sage

I use mine as a slow cooker all the time. I don't see a difference between that and my old crock pot. Plus I like the fact that I can brown food in it--one less pan to have to wash.

I like the fact that it automatically switches itself to warm after the time is up. My crock pot (I allow that it's a cheap one) needs to be manually switched.

And lastly, if you are adventurous and try a few things in the pressure cooker part of it, you will soon be hooked. There are recipes for that all over the internet. It's very safe, and much easier than using a pressure cooker on the stove top.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 AM

Love the Instapot. Got the 14 QT and use it all the time. Two of our favorites are Chicken & Rice plus Corn beef and Cabbage. As others have stated there are hundreds of great recipes on YouTube. Just experiment and make your own. Got to try the rice pudding!!!
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 08-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I just got the small one for Christmas. I realize there are lots of recipes on Pinterest but would like to know what are your favorites so far. My sister said she makes sweet potatoes in it in 10 minutes. I assume you can also do squash.
You stated "Insta-pot" and other posters mention "Instant-pot". Same? Different? Two brand names? Is one better than the other?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My wife makes awesome chicken noodle soup in our Instapot. Pretty much everything she cooks in it is great.

The funny thing about ours is that our kids gave it to us and my wouldn't try it for over a year; was scared it would blow up. Our daughter came for a visit and cooked something in it and the wife has used it at least once a week ever since.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Closed Thread

Tags
makes, sister, favorites, sweet, squash