WHO IS THE BEST COOK ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Default WHO IS THE BEST COOK ?

Lets face it, my wife can't spill milk on corn flakes so I do the cooking in the house. She does like to bake though and my waist size will support her for the record. However, who past or present, in your house can wear the the crown of Paula Dean Ya'll or the Bam Man Emeril Lagasse?

Steve
Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Sage
Default Re: WHO IS THE BEST COOK ?

My dogs can cook better than I can; ;D thank heavens for the 72 restaurants in TV!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:39 AM

I DO MOST OF THE COOKING IN THE FAMILY. MY WIFE WILL TASTE MY CHILI AND SAY ITS GREAT OR THIS ONE IS SOOOO HOT IT MUST BE FOR YOU AND THE GUYS. I DO LIKE IT HOT.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Eternal Member

Since I don't want to spend the rest of my days in the kitchen, I am going to say that me and the missus share the cooking.

I make great sugar-free desserts. I am also the more inventive when it comes to creating new meals or breaking down a meal we had in a restaurant that we enjoyed. I watch the Food Channel occasionally and if a new recipe strikes a nerve I will write it down or find the recipe via Google and print it out and give it a shot. I have a book full of keepers and a few discards. The problem with most recipes is that they are for more than two and have to be cut down.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:59 PM

During the first half or so of marriage my wife did all the cooking. About 20 years ago I decided I wanted to learn to cook, and we gradually began to share. Last few years I do almost all of the cooking. We have sort of a rule, one cooks, the other cleans up. Works well for us. I used to do some "gourmet" cooking, now neither of us needs the calories and usually we're only cooking for the two of us, so it's pretty basic. I do a lot of soups and stews in the fall and winter, lots of grilling in the summer.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Sage

Are there any cooking classes offered in TV?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Sage

My next door neighbor Bill is the best cook. He cooks for us on a regular basis. If we ever sell the house, we should get extra money for it since he is next door. Barefoot has had his cooking. What say you, Bare?
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Gold member

I was the best cook in the family until our son moved here with us and I can say he has taught me a lot of new things. So it is both of us right now. He can't bake and I am the best at that. He has cooked professionally for about 15 years so I probably have to say he is the best at cooking. We both search out new recipes to see who can come up with something different. He does make great ribs, they fall off the bone and his other special is meat loaf. Think I'll hire him out when we move to TV.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 05-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Sage

Mikark, you should hire him out. I can't say that I have had outstanding (really fabulous)food in TV. At the "better" CC's I think the food is acceptable..nothing more.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass
My next door neighbor Bill is the best cook. He cooks for us on a regular basis. If we ever sell the house, we should get extra money for it since he is next door. Barefoot has had his cooking. What say you, Bare?
Yes Sammy, I agree. Bill for President. Oh no, that's Obama, a different thread.

Bill for Best Cook. Yes, that's it. His shrimp masala is to die for. Not only that, he has the best party golf cart in TV!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Our granddaughter is graduating from high school in two weeks. I will do the cooking for her graduation party. She lives nearby and her parents are renting a tent for their backyard.. I will be cooking for an open house and she is expecting "maybe more" than 150 people of assorted ages. It is not a hard menu; sloppy joes, coleslaw, sweet baked beans, potato salad. The desserts are up to her parents. I will be cooking the sloppy joe and freezing ahead of time. I love doing this for a crowd. I have learned my lesson. People eat more of good plain cooking at events like this. I save my wowser things for our group of friends.

No point to this post. Just sharing a happy moment.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Gold member

Hands down it is me. I love to cook and Tom loves to eat....well I like that now too. Cooking is a hobbie for me. New, creative recipes, world cuisine, comfort food, whatever, it is just fun for me. When it is Tom's turn to cook we go out.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Are there any cooking classes offered in TV?
BF..That is a great idea!! I would love to attend...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Sage

Actually, Donna, I think Chels has taken some cooking classes at the Learning College. Cooking for Dummies or something similar. (Oh, I just read this over, sounds like I'm saying Chels is a dummy, nothing could be further from the truth! That was the actual name of the class. )

I could sure use some cooking lessons, although they'd probably be wasted on me. In theory I'd love to cook a lot, but in actual fact I just get terribly bored in the kitchen. I don't know if anything is offered free in TV .. if there are cooking classes, wouldn't it be fun to do it as a group?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.