Wonderful and easy fresh peach pie.

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Wonderful and easy fresh peach pie.

Buy Pillsbury all ready pie crusts.

Buy six fresh peaches. Scald them first, they peel easier.

Peel and slice them and add 1/2 cup flour, one cup sugar and two tablespoons of butter. (cut the butter into small pieces.) Stir all together and put in pie crust, top with other one, fork holes to ventilate.Pinch edges etc. You knew that.

Bake at 350 for about fifty minutes or until juice bubbles from the vents for about five minutes.

Wait....I say WAIT 'til it cools to warm and don't forget the vanilla ice cream.

I am sure most of you know how to do this. Just reminding you how good fresh peach pie is at this time of the year.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Ah, Gracie, I'm with you. The first bite of a fresh peach pie is like a memory in your mouth! Takes me back to when I made pies with Grandma.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethk View Post
Ah, Gracie, I'm with you. The first bite of a fresh peach pie is like a memory in your mouth! Takes me back to when I made pies with Grandma.
It is wonderful...and with a little vanilla ice cream while it's still warm? Ahhh yes.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM

You can use the same filling for a Peach Cobbler ~ for topping make Cream Biscuits:

Cream Biscuits for Shortcakes

2 1/4 c. White Lily Self Rising Flour
1/4 c. Sugar
1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream

Whisk together flour & sugar, add heavy whipping cream and stir just until combined.
Turn out on floured board and knead 3 or 4 turns. Pat out to 1/2" and cut into small pieces.
Place pieces of dough on top of fruit and sprinkle liberally with sugar.
Bake at 400° for 20 - 25 minutes or until browned and fruit is bubbly.

Same recipe (minus sugar) makes fabulous biscuits ~ Pat out to 1-1/2" thick and cut with biscuit cutter. Bake at 400° until golden. Brush with butter when baked.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Can I use these recipes with blueberries instead?
Old 07-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Wish they didn't have so much sugar! I wish there were more stores around TV that have fresh pies.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Wish they didn't have so much sugar! I wish there were more stores around TV that have fresh pies.
I make several fruit pies, apple, peach, rhubarb, plum, blueberry, and cut the sugar to about 1/3 of the recipe and add some honey or agave to taste. About the only one that I have to add a bit more sugar is the rhubarb. And they are all so easy to make that I would never buy them in a store. Especially if you use the pre-made crust. Which I do if in a hurry. But even making your own crust they happen pretty quick.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Peel and slice them and add 1/2 cup flour, one cup sugar and two tablespoons of butter. (cut the butter into small pieces.) Stir all together and put in pie crust, top with other one, fork holes to ventilate.Pinch edges etc. You knew that.

Bake at 350 for about fifty minutes or until juice bubbles from the vents for about five minutes.

Wait....I say WAIT 'til it cools to warm and don't forget the vanilla ice cream.

I am sure most of you know how to do this. Just reminding you how good fresh peach pie is at this time of the year.

I hope you set this in your open kitchen window to cool!!!...........and what was your address again???

Old 07-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Gold member

Haha! Cry your eyes out, folks. EYE was there to taste this masterpiece with Gracie and her beautiful family. It was absolutely delicious!
Old 09-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Gracie, dear, you won’t believe it but I want you to know before I tell anyone else.

You know I’m not known for my baking. Robert and I just returned from six weeks in Provincetown. It was wonderful seeing so many friends again.

On the way back, we stopped in South Carolina and picked up some beautiful freestone peaches.

And I actually made a peach pie. Yours. Even though I forgot the butter (told you I’m no baker), it was delicious. And so simple, even I could do it.

I can’t emphasize enough how SIMPLE it was to do!

Thank you ever so.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	F000E2AD-9653-4E8D-800F-C3DE6018D992.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	76532  

Last edited by Henryk; 09-16-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
pie, cup, wait, fresh, butter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.