$40 million in recreation upgrades

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Gold member
Default I am so glad they are building fenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
You sound very unhappy here. Homes sell quickly in The Villages. You could make a very nice profit and find a community more to your liking.

Just saying.

I am entirely with Gracie on the home town loyalty here.

Imagine what this place would be like if the inmates were running the asylum.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
Why do I need a reason. Just trying to find out how things work here. I am sure that you have an answer.
You can start here:
Village Community Development Districts
Property Owners, Association of Florida
Home Page - The VHA
Old 06-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Bogie - Thank goodness you can always be relied upon to bring commonsense to a discussion.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Well, thank ya Ma'am.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Maybe. However, as most threads are closed over time, you can’t ask a question unless you start a new thread. As I recall from my learning days, questions were always encouraged.
I think that I will love living at TV as I had such a good time during my 22 days there. Can't wait to return. However, I think that people should not be mean with any posts that they do not like seeing for tired of seeing. I think the Morse family has done a good job for TV. But, we can keep an open mind for every thing.

From a new kid on the block, Sorry, if you are mad at me lol
Old 06-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
I think that I will love living at TV as I had such a good time during my 22 days there. Can't wait to return. However, I think that people should not be mean with any posts that they do not like seeing for tired of seeing. I think the Morse family has done a good job for TV. But, we can keep an open mind for every thing.

From a new kid on the block, Sorry, if you are mad at me lol
#1. As a new kid on the block you will probably be told you do not a right to say anything ... well we were all new once and we all have a right to our opinions.

#2. Do not apologize, you may upset people around here, but so be it.

#3. Welcome to TOTV - new blood is always welcome.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Well, thank ya Ma'am.
You don't say much, but what you do say carries a lot of weight. I was brought up on the saying "empty vessels make the most noise!"

Old 06-24-2017, 05:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
Perhaps a tutorial on the SEARCH function as part of a new member orientation would be beneficial. Or, maybe that's too logical.
Or, maybe, the search function on this forum essentially is useless compared to what is commercially available. This is coming from somebody with 40 years in the IT industry.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I understand that many topics and questions have been asked and answered many, many, many times since the beginning of talkofthevillages. However, as TV continues to grow and old memories fade, both new and old posters will be asking these same questions over and over again. They should be encouraged to ask questions about the history of TV and to discuss their thinking about things in TV. In time and we should give them time, they will become better citizens of TV. So, to the posters who are probably tired of these same questions and topics I say, give people a break or just take a break.
Now, there is a real voice of reason. This is nobody's personal forum, it is meant for all. If you don't like answering the same questions...then just don't say anything. Your life and everyone else's becomes much less stressful and pleasant.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Or, maybe, the search function on this forum essentially is useless compared to what is commercially available. This is coming from somebody with 40 years in the IT industry.
You got me beat by 2 years.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Now, there is a real voice of reason. This is nobody's personal forum, it is meant for all. If you don't like answering the same questions...then just don't say anything. Your life and everyone else's becomes much less stressful and pleasant.
I am suspicious of a post where a poster starts off by using an article from the Orlando Senital about The Villages. There is rarely anything good written about The Villages or the developers in this paper.

I support helping new residents or participants in the forum learn more about The Villages. However in this case, the OP shows a join date of 2010. If they hadn't heard of the lawsuit and its results, I would question where they have been for the last seven years. My BS meter is going off the charts on this original post....
Old 07-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Bogie - Thank goodness you can always be relied upon to bring commonsense to a discussion.
Madelaine Amee and I agree on your wisdom at least.

Patience, Grasshopper
Old 07-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Madelaine Amee and I agree on your wisdom at least.

Patience, Grasshopper
You guys had patience with me and I turned it around. Almost!

We are amazed at the constant upkeep and refurbishing of this that or the other thing all the time. You should see the effort that is being put into the Bocci Court area near the Paradise Recreation Building. The Silver Lake Pool is beautiful, just completed. We don't get overlooked in the Historic Section that I know of at all. We a very pleased and also easy to please.

Last edited by Nucky; 07-09-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Just an observation on amenities and such from being in TV approximately 10 years. The further south you go in TV you see more recreational facilities and the wider multi-modal trails put in from day one with many many golf courses and four lane main roads which tells us that the current TV evolved over a period of years. I believe Gary Morse saw that too. Who knows, perhaps that was why he agreed to the 40 million dollar settlement. Many areas north of 466 have improvements to their multi-modal paths and other facilities because of the settlement. In short, TV went from a manufacture home community with two executive courses and a 18 hole golf course and a couple of recreational centers to what it is now. Just an observation.......

Tags
settlement, villages, case, community, lawsuit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.