** Random Acts of Kindness **

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Default ** Random Acts of Kindness **

Randon acts of kindness is abundant with Villagers

I had heard of the Villages before a retirement area above Orlando, till one night at work there was a News Report about a Tornado that hit Florida I having family in Florida so I looked up the story on the internet Yes it was a terrible tragedy that hit The Villages.

However what I seen was alot of people Helping and Caring for each other patching roofs picking up looking out for each other what a Loving Place and the story gos on and on still today

My wife and I was looking for a place to retire, we had been to Sun Rise condo in the Fort Lauderdale area "a active Adult community" God Bless Them but they looked like something that I was Not IE Waiting for a Ambulance and we could not see any kindness around but very cheap real estate with high condo fees.

OK so last March my wife and I flew down to Orlando pick up a car at the air port and headed for The Villages we exited the highway at Wildwood (first thought Oh No) and followed the signs to The Villiages all of sudden Wow this is looking good there it was People driving Golf Cars Smiling saying Hello

Our very fast 4 days was full. We as many other have been to a lot of nice places how ever The Villages top the list Yes it is a Little Slice of Paradise or Adult Disney World
But I want to Live where The very fine people routinely conduct them self's with a smile a kind word and "Random Acts of Kindness " are at home also

Da Sgt :#1:
Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Sage
Default Re: ** Random Acts of Kindness **

Sgt., Isnt it great to know there is a place in this great big world where people really care about helping others. There is so much greed and selfishness around that I find this a remarkable comodity in The Villages.

I think you have picked the right spot to live, Iknow I have, I can feel it right down to my bones! 040

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 AM

One of the biggest selling points of the Villages is her people. God love em. I have on numerous ocassions told my wife that TV is full of happy, alive people, who have so much to give. Villagers really exude kindness. Just walk down the street. Everyone is happy to be alive. Got a question just ask someone close by. I'd bet that if the person did not know they would help you find an answer. The villages is truly a place where you can easily find the value of: It is better to give than receive. Yes sarge the tornado just amplified what was there all along. Neighbors helping neighbors.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 PM

My son and his girlfriend love to visit and ride around in the golf cart. I told him to take a map and he said "Why Mom? If I can't figure out which turn to take all I need to do is pull over and ten people will stop to ask how they can help."
I LOVE THE VILLAGES!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Gold member

This may sound strange but as awful as it was, the tornado was the final piece of the puzzle in our decision to move to TV. We were amazed at the response by neighbors and the developer to the folks who's homes were damaged. We wanted to live in a place with such considerate and caring people. Support that continued for months not just the usual days following a disaster. This was "random acts of kindness " tenfold.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Veteran member

When friends ask why we want to move the TV--don't we know they get hit with tornadoes? I tell them about just how everyone there helped out their neighbors.

You won't find that kind of community in many places in todays' world--people helping people.

It convinced me that TV is where I need to be.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM

I agree isn't it a really great and yes you don't find that kind of community in many places. :bigthumbsup:

to Random Acts of Kindness.

Tell us about the Kindness that you have seen in TV

Thank You, Da Sgt
Old 01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I had used Jess's scooter to get to my part-time job at Sweetbay. Unbeknownst to me, I had a flat tire. Someone driving by told me about it. I pulled over near the gate on Morse and 466 and tried to call Jess who, of course, was sound asleep and didn't hear her phone. A very nice man on his bicycle stopped, went to Sweetbay, bought some stuff to fix the tire, came back, put it in the tire for me and refused to even let me repay him. Anywhere else in the US, I would have been amazed that someone would do this. Here, I was truly appreciative but not all that surprised. It is just that kind of a community.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

English, I'm with you that people in general are a lot kinder and more generous than we are led to believe. I gave my story even though I'm sure someone would have stopped to help me anywhere in the country. What made it exceptional was his willingness to ride his bike to get what I needed and then refuse to even let me pay for the item. That kind of generosity is rare.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

I agree with everyone about the "warm fuzzies". Some friends of ours a freaking out that we have decided to make TV our home for the next phase.lol They are in their 40's and think TV is like Stepford. They're saying to us, "But there are so many rules! That doesn't sound like you guys!"
I'm going to have a nice long talk with them to let them know how much fun TV really is.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

red, what a cool story, you know it just doesn't get any better than this at TV.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 PM

I spent December in TV because we are just waiting to sell our house in LI, NY to move there.
From the beginning I was getting lost everyday, for some extrange reason in my mind Buena VistaBlvd was running East to West and 466 North to South, dont ask me why?
Getting lost everyday was not funny mostly at night. One night I got lost and nobody around to ask, finally I saw Home Depot and Panda something, there was no one at Home Depot and a just a couple eating at the Panda restaurant, I got inside ask them, and the lady went to their car and brought their lap top and gave me isntruccions how to get to Winifred. It turns out that they sent me in the wrong direccion; all of a sudden I heard someone blowing the car horn and making signs for me to stop. It was the gentleman that was eating at the restaurant who left the food on the table and went after me to send me in the right direccion. I was so nervous and confuse for that act of kindness that I did not react to ask for his name or phone to thank him for his help.
That was an act of kindness I will never forget. I wish I know their name.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:53 PM

Today I went to Linen & Things...I was so tired...still making trips to stores buying things needed for the house...the lady that was ringing me up asked if I had any coupons? My cart was full... I said no didn't know there was coupons...make a long story short...a lady who I never meant in my life that was standing in the line behind me gave me a coupon for 20% off...could not believe it...she said "just do something nice for someone else"...
I have had numerous acts of kindness from so many people...thank you TV...I feel right at home.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Sage

We all have a combo of devil and angel in us. It just depends on our choice of which road to take. If its an effort to exude kindness keep practicing, I guarantee it will get easier.In no time at all you will be surprising yourself with many acts of kindness.

This is one reason why I made a choice to move to TV. So many really kind and thoughtful people, the kind I want to be around for ever! It is amazing how locale can make a difference People in our area generally crabby, negative and gloomy. Drags you down, so.... looking so much forward to being up, happy and cheerful. TV can certainly change a disposition for the better. 040

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Platinum member

I've always responded that we bought in TV for the lifestyle. But after reading this thread and from our personal experience, we need to add, "lifestyle and people." Overall, you're not going to find a nicer group of folks--anywhere? I may have told this story a year ago, but I'll repeat it again. In the early morning of Feb 3rd, our friends rushed to Ace Hardware on 466 to purchase a 4X4" piece of plywood. It would have fit on their roof, but the sales person said, "here's the keys to my golf cart. It'll be a lot easier for you then tying it to the roof." They had never met the man before, and he's giving them the keys to his golf cart. Let me say, it would never happen anywhere else.

OK, so now you know how we got our golf cart!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.