“the vha” is a trademark of the villages developer

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2022, 09:52 AM
Location: Currently Michigan soon to be living in The village of St John’s
Default Homeowner still in Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFenstermaker View Post
The VHA Recommendation. The misleadingly named Villages Homeowners Advocates (better known as The VHA) has now come out in support of a Yes vote on the proposed fire district. This should surprise no one. The new fire district is being supported by the Developer (note the cap on taxes on commercial property), the Developer's appointed officials, and the Developer's newspaper.

The VHA's History. The VHA was founded in collaboration with the Developer, as VHA's own website kind of admits. Details on the ties between the VHA and the Developer can be found here: POA Accomplishments | POA of The Villages In any event, I have lived here for 15 years. During that time, the VHA has always served as mouthpiece for the Developer and as the Developer's minor league team--whose directors, if they behave and toe the Developer's line, can, with the Developer's backing, move up to the big league of the County Commission.

Developer Ownership of “The VHA” Trademark. Residents who have been paying attention to local politics understand the above facts. But what most residents (including members of The VHA) do not understand is that “The VHA” is actually a trademark of the Developer. You can't make this stuff up! Here is a link to the trademark office search page: Search trademark database | USPTO Do a Basic Wordmark Search for “The VHA”.

The Platter of Platitudes in the VHA Voice. The VHA Voice serves up the usual platter of platitudes in its latest issue advocating a Yes vote on the fire district and glosses over all the reasons to vote NO. For example, it claims that “most residents will not see a significant increase in their tax bill.” What does “most” mean: 51%? What does “significant” mean? The truth is that there is no way of telling how much the initial unelected fire-district-board members (who, as a practical matter, will be designated by or acceptable to the Developer) will increase our taxes. One thing is clear, however, our taxes will increase! And for what???

Learn the Facts and Vote NO. One bit of advice that the VHA Voice does get right is: In researching the proposed fire district, “Always CONSIDER THE SOURCE”. By all means do so, and think about who owns The VHA trademark and the history of The VHA. Then read, or re-read, the October POA Bulletin ( https://www.poa4us.org/wp-content/up...0-Bulletin.pdf ), and, if you haven't already done so, reject the recommendation of the Developer's VHA and vote NO on the proposed fire district.
My husband and I own a home but are not there yet not for another year are we able to vote on the proposed fire district ?
Old 11-06-2022, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missibu@gmail.com View Post
My husband and I own a home but are not there yet not for another year are we able to vote on the proposed fire district ?
Election is Tuesday .....you are a little late to the dance.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 11-06-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:04 AM

I never thought I would see people in Florida advocating to leave the management of anything to government. As TV is still selling houses all over the place with no sign of slowing down, would they advocate for some runaway train of tax increases for fire and ambulance protection? Of all the possible ways they can bilk us out of cash, the firehouse is a little far fetched isn't it? I know we all want the best for nothing but as for me, I'll vote for faster response and more control over less.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Not unless you are registered to vote within the proposed fire district.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default Voting

Quote:
Nope - But you are not in that boat by yourself.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:29 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default Government

Quote:
Originally Posted by phassett View Post
I never thought I would see people in Florida advocating to leave the management of anything to government. As TV is still selling houses all over the place with no sign of slowing down, would they advocate for some runaway train of tax increases for fire and ambulance protection? Of all the possible ways they can bilk us out of cash, the firehouse is a little far fetched isn't it? I know we all want the best for nothing but as for me, I'll vote for faster response and more control over less.
“Government” don’t be too hard on yourself as the government is the people.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Default Vote yes or no

Quote:
The VHA Recommendation. The misleadingly named Villages Homeowners Advocates (better known as The VHA) has now come out in support of a Yes vote on the proposed fire district. This should surprise no one. The new fire district is being supported by the Developer (note the cap on taxes on commercial property), the Developer's appointed officials, and the Developer's newspaper.

The VHA's History. The VHA was founded in collaboration with the Developer, as VHA's own website kind of admits. Details on the ties between the VHA and the Developer can be found here: POA Accomplishments | POA of The Villages In any event, I have lived here for 15 years. During that time, the VHA has always served as mouthpiece for the Developer and as the Developer's minor league team--whose directors, if they behave and toe the Developer's line, can, with the Developer's backing, move up to the big league of the County Commission.

Developer Ownership of “The VHA” Trademark. Residents who have been paying attention to local politics understand the above facts. But what most residents (including members of The VHA) do not understand is that “The VHA” is actually a trademark of the Developer. You can't make this stuff up! Here is a link to the trademark office search page: Search trademark database | USPTO Do a Basic Wordmark Search for “The VHA”.

The Platter of Platitudes in the VHA Voice. The VHA Voice serves up the usual platter of platitudes in its latest issue advocating a Yes vote on the fire district and glosses over all the reasons to vote NO. For example, it claims that “most residents will not see a significant increase in their tax bill.” What does “most” mean: 51%? What does “significant” mean? The truth is that there is no way of telling how much the initial unelected fire-district-board members (who, as a practical matter, will be designated by or acceptable to the Developer) will increase our taxes. One thing is clear, however, our taxes will increase! And for what???

Learn the Facts and Vote NO. One bit of advice that the VHA Voice does get right is: In researching the proposed fire district, “Always CONSIDER THE SOURCE”. By all means do so, and think about who owns The VHA trademark and the history of The VHA. Then read, or re-read, the October POA Bulletin ( https://www.poa4us.org/wp-content/up...0-Bulletin.pdf ), and, if you haven't already done so, reject the recommendation of the Developer's VHA and vote NO on the proposed fire district.
One post says new tax could only add. 1 mil. That post should have said 1 mil per year could be added to tax bill. Maybe I’m jaded as I come from Chicago, but I have never voted for a tax increase in my life and I doubt anything could ever change my mind on that.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:48 AM
Default Find the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
It is widely known that the VHA was founded by the developer and loaded up with his minions to try to put the POA out of business. They always have been controlled by the developer and everything they do is controlled by the developer, just like PWAC, AAC and most of the CDD's. It is one family rule here in The Villages.
Correct - how do others not see the VHA looks out for the developer and the POA looks out for the homeowners. Kinda reminds me of another situation where who should come first doesn’t.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:57 AM
SUENRAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I am very concerned about the cost of the proposed fire district. The voters are basically being asked to approve writing a blank check. Come back to the voters when you have hard cost information and can report to voters with transparency what the are being asked to approve. And besides, this whole thing is putting the cart in front of the horse. Improved response time is not nearly as important an issue as the fact that medical patients will be dumped at a horribly incompetent hospital. What good is faster response time when the ultimate outcome is that one will get dumped off at a hell hole so they can hurry up and wait for absolutely terrible health care. Based on my (and many others) experience with the Villages hospital, I would rather die at home than be brought to that nightmare.
Cost information? You have been provided with this information based on current costs. The "hard cost" will can only be calculated when there is a track record....and this is what the current projection is based on. As for your statement you will get dumped off at a "hell hole"... you must have no idea how the emergency medical services work and that a person does have choices as to the facility they will be taken to.

Vote "YES" if you want to have a say in how the VPS operates and what and how they provide life saving service.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:04 AM
SUENRAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy o View Post
One post says new tax could only add. 1 mil. That post should have said 1 mil per year could be added to tax bill. Maybe I’m jaded as I come from Chicago, but I have never voted for a tax increase in my life and I doubt anything could ever change my mind on that.
Keep that thought in mind when you are waiting up to 2 hours for a county provided ambulance. From Chicago area too and I really enjoy the lower tax burden in Florida....and The Villages. I've voted and I voted "YES".
Old 11-06-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUENRAN View Post
Cost information? You have been provided with this information based on current costs. The "hard cost" will can only be calculated when there is a track record....and this is what the current projection is based on. As for your statement you will get dumped off at a "hell hole"... you must have no idea how the emergency medical services work and that a person does have choices as to the facility they will be taken to.

Vote "YES" if you want to have a say in how the VPS operates and what and how they provide life saving service.
And vote NO if you realize that the present system is working and you don't want to buy a pig in a poke that will increase your taxes.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Keep that thought in mind when you are waiting up to 2 hours for a county provided ambulance. From Chicago area too and I really enjoy the lower tax burden in Florida....and The Villages. I've voted and I voted "YES".
Keep in mind that when you get dumped at the ER of the Villages Hospital on El Camino Real you could very well wind up waiting 12 hours, only to finally get misdiagnosed and sent home to die. That's what happened to me, fortunately my wife got into her car and drove two days non stop to come pick me up and bring me to a real hospital in Gainesville, with very little time to spare.

I am all for quicker response time, assuming there is a decent and competent place to be brought to, but what difference does it make if you wind up at the Villages Hospital?
Old 11-06-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
When you voted, did you understand that the VPSD now has its own ambulances?
Old 11-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Which the county could move to other areas of the county if they are in control.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Which the county could reallocate at any time if they choose to restructure the fire departments.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
vha, developer, developers, district, fire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.