14 day self-isolation for those who have been in NYC

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 07:57 AM

Yet, the rest of Florida still isn't on lockdown? None of it makes sense. Many of the mayors seem to be doing what's necessary in spite of not having specific orders.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Stop planes coming from the Northeast. New Yorkers are taking advantage of the cheap flights plus they want to escape the quarantine. SO.... stop the flights.
I agree! With 190 flights a day from NY not to mention flights from other airports with NY passengers it is out of control and not fair to Floridians. The answer is to shut everything down including golf courses and beaches so there is nothing to do here for a while. Both federal and some state officials seem more worried about the economy then people getting sick. If we continue doing what we are doing now FL will be the next NY.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
How can anyone maintain social distancing on a plane?
Or self isolation?

This gets more absurd by the minute.

Alaska is now requiring all traveling there to have self isolated for 14 days before coming...nice idea, the logistics on how to actually do this is unclear....perhaps you have to slowly drive through Canada?

It appears that the main point of all this is STAY WHERE YOU ARE....otherwise you become part of the problem

duh!!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWR View Post
We have a home in TV and in Ohio. We left Florida on February 23rd, thought it would be for 3 weeks and we would return to TV. We are staying in Ohio because it is the responsible thing to do. We would rather be in Florida enjoying the nice weather but it can wait. We want to be healthy and alive so we can do that in the future.

thank you for being responsible and for thinking clearly
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage

It was ousted stated 60% of all the current cases in the country have been traced to people traveling from NY--DeSantis get on the stick & block all traffic from NY--air e everything--the way Ca. checks all produce entering their state--turn them back
Old 03-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

et6yxohwoa8f61z-jpg

Send in Snake Plissken
Old 03-25-2020, 08:51 AM

Right now don’t need passes if the pools and rec centers are closed.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
It was ousted stated 60% of all the current cases in the country have been traced to people traveling from NY--DeSantis get on the stick & block all traffic from NY--air e everything--the way Ca. checks all produce entering their state--turn them back
Not going to happen.
Just like not closing the beaches.
The political mindset will not allow addressing disruption of some folks norm...completely bypassing doing what is right/needed.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We need to shut down OUR airports.
I agree with shutting down all airports.
It should be done federally, not state by state.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallie1740 View Post
One idiot on the news yesterday who came off a plane was interviewed. They asked her if she would self isolate. She replied that she only gets 2 weeks for vacation so she can't spend it all in isolation!
i'm not worried, everything is shut down, there's literally NOTHING to do here. she will end up staying in & binging netflix
Old 03-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

i'd like to make 1 small point during this whole event: there is a small segment of our population, that when faced with draconian methods of restriction, will simply rebel. i saw a story about 1 of these states that has been on severe lockdown, & the young people are no longer participating. they became fed up with the mass restrictions & are now gathering in large groups @ beaches, etc, in direct defiance of the law. (the students far outnumber police, btw) they participated @ 1st, but increasing steps limiting contact pushed them over the brink, & now they are doing as they please. i'm not recommending this, just something i saw/heard reported. so, i pose the question: is there a happy medium in all of this? thx
Old 03-25-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Except you don't need a visitor's pass to come here, only to use the facilities which are closed anyway. This isn't Russia, you don't need a pass from Mr POOTIN to visit.
Don't know if you know this or not but they would need a "Visitor's Pass" inorder to play Golf or even Pickleball which these facilities are still open to us..
So that means they would need to stay inside the house....
Enjoy you visitors but keep them inside especially if they come from NY...
Old 03-25-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raney3099 View Post
Right now don’t need passes if the pools and rec centers are closed.
Your forgetting Golf Courses and Pickleball Courts which are still open....
Old 03-25-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage

Visitors from NY,NJ & CT & people housing them should stay in the hosts house from 15 days after the guests arrive, your clock is reset every time someone new descends on you--be smart--tell family & or friends don't come
Old 03-25-2020, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
How can anyone maintain social distancing on a plane?
Or self isolation?

This gets more absurd by the minute.
You shouldn't be somewhere where you have to get on a plane, if you're the one that has to get on a plane. I know you probably were already there & you have to get home. Personally I would of rented a car & I don't care if I had to drive coast to coast to get home, no way I would get on a plane right now. Also if I was that worried about it I would sleep in my car & not in a hotel on my way home. Anybody that got themselves in a situation that they have to take a plane to get home, well not trying to sound mean but just got to suck it up & quarantine yourself there or take your chances & fly home. We drove to Florida from Texas while Caronavirus was already bad & I rented a car & I wipe the whole inside of the car down with bleach water. I drove it all in 1 day there & when I came back too, a week later! In your defense, no you can't fly without rubbing shoulders with anybody or prevent from breathing recycled air in plane. I know I wasn't much help answering your question but if it's you that needs to get on a plane, you're sure got yourself in a pickle of a mess!
Closed Thread

Tags
distancing, absurd, isolation, plane, social

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.