19x9.5 enclosed lanai options and cost

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Default 19x9.5 enclosed lanai options and cost

I am understanding that there are different “building levels” to lanais. I’ve heard that there is a 1 to 5 scale. 1 being basically a cement floor. 2 being a screened in cement floor and 3 being a glassed in cement floor 4-5 being raised floor, drywall, added insulation, etc. that deem the lanai as a “liveable area”.
Is anyone else familiar with these levels and definition? i ask bc i am starting to get estimates to enclose my lanai and in researching this topic on TOV i am not seeing this terminology. Also, i am getting prices a lot higher than i’m seeing here. Any input/opinions helpful as i start on this journey. thanks...
Old 06-04-2021, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannny View Post
I am understanding that there are different “building levels” to lanais. I’ve heard that there is a 1 to 5 scale. 1 being basically a cement floor. 2 being a screened in cement floor and 3 being a glassed in cement floor 4-5 being raised floor, drywall, added insulation, etc. that deem the lanai as a “liveable area”.
Is anyone else familiar with these levels and definition? i ask bc i am starting to get estimates to enclose my lanai and in researching this topic on TOV i am not seeing this terminology. Also, i am getting prices a lot higher than i’m seeing here. Any input/opinions helpful as i start on this journey. thanks...
I think that when you weigh the choices you need to ask yourself what do I want most? For us it was to be cool and clean. We chose the most expensive temperature resistant glass that is also hurricane strength. We didn't have the floor raised but the ceiling was insulated. Our is greater than thirty feet by fourteen. We use large area rugs and have light blocking blinds too. We really use it for my art projects and for a TV watching area and to watch the birds and come in out of the pool. We didn't have to add more air conditioning but it is a little warm in July and August so we are still thinking about it. Just a little warm.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

There is so much to consider when enclosing a lanai, single pane, double pane, sliders, hinged door, air conditioning, do you need shades, privacy, do you want it as part of your living area, you cannot block in a bedroom window, glass warranties, etc. As far as prices, just like any other building project they are going up rapidly so pay no attention to what others paid even 6 months ago.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannny View Post
I am understanding that there are different “building levels” to lanais. I’ve heard that there is a 1 to 5 scale. 1 being basically a cement floor. 2 being a screened in cement floor and 3 being a glassed in cement floor 4-5 being raised floor, drywall, added insulation, etc. that deem the lanai as a “livable area”.
I think this is the first time I have ever heard of these building levels. Did you hear this from several contractors?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I think this is the first time I have ever heard of these building levels. Did you hear this from several contractors?
Contractors use the building levels when they are applying for permits for lanais.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-06-2021, 06:25 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

our 533sf floor is still plain conc w/broom finish& perimeterscreening... thinking acid stain & sealer w/diamond sawed 'grout lines to simulate tile... approx$2.50sf for mtlsbut its diy for me& 3days mostbudgets largely determine extent of work done yes ??

Last edited by stadry; 06-07-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:50 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

that's a very large & indefineable term imo,,, no $$$ indication rqd ???
Old 06-08-2021, 11:54 AM

ll lanaiI FLOORs are concrete cement being only 1 of 4 ingredients “building levels” to lanais. I’ve heard that there is a 1 to 5 scale.
Closed Thread

Tags
floor, lanai, cement, enclose, researching

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.